FM09 "Improvement in shortlisting"

I've had a poke about to see if anyone else has opened a thread on this, but it appears not.

In Part 2 of the announcement, Miles says that the shortlisting has been significantly improved over previous versions. Now, does that mean that the AI will actually be picking out players it wants to buy based on whether they improve the squad or not, rather than approximations of CA and PA?

The AI's inability to maintain a squad is one of the reasons that the game gets easier as time goes on (irrespective of the spending power of the relevant AI team) and if so, I feel that this could be a major improvement.

I hope it means it won't remove players from it without my say so! Also, media won't keep asking me about my private shortlist! I can understand them asking me about players I may have watched when I attend a game or sent scouts after...

But yeah, if the revamp is on the AI remaining competitive in 2030, then it must be a super awesome thing. Not just wanting the good players but also be willing to spend on them!

I hope it means it won't remove players from it without my say so! Also, media won't keep asking me about my private shortlist! I can understand them asking me about players I may have watched when I attend a game or sent scouts after...

Transfer rumours will take care of that I think. You'll still be asked about players you're keeping tabs on, and probably some you're not.

But yeah, if the revamp is on the AI remaining competitive in 2030, then it must be a super awesome thing. Not just wanting the good players but also be willing to spend on them!
It would be nice to see the financial powerhouses maintaining (or at least fighting to) their positions over time.

My hope is that the shortlist will have some sort of categories, like "want to sign soon", "interesting but unachievable", "serious option", "keep eyes on for future", not in that or a similar wording but maybe in the Vista way of evaluation pics or music.

That could make the media interaction a bit more realistic in terms of the use of your shortlist and also maybe make it easier to navigate through your shortmist. Mine tends to become quite extensive over time.

I agree. I hope this has been changed\improved for the better. I always hate how the media seem to know who is on my supposedly private shortlist.

Hopefully it will stop teams like Chelsea who already have for example, 3 quality left backs buying another left back for 25m to just sit on the sub bench the whole season when they are in need of a right back instead but the left back just had good CA and PA.

Unlike in Real Life when they bought every player they could then stuck them on the bench or reserves eh!!! Super, Super Shaun, Super, Super Shaun, Super, Super Shaun, Super Shaun Wright-Phillips!!!

Archived