Buying players

In FM we the managers gave to buy the players we want and then have to negoiate contracts, but irl managers don't do this as said by mark Hughes and scolari. All the managers do is give a list to the chairman/directors and let them get on with it, should this not be in the game.

Also another idea - tours.

How many people do Chelsea take on a tour? It would be the 1st team and plus a few others but on fm you can take everyone Inc youths, wouldn't it be better if you could select 24-26 players and only they can be selected to play?

In FM we the managers gave to buy the players we want and then have to negoiate contracts, but irl managers don't do this as said by mark Hughes and scolari. All the managers do is give a list to the chairman/directors and let them get on with it, should this not be in the game.

I think this is an area where SI have sacrificed a little realism for the sake of playability. Buying players and negotiating with them is half the fun of the game, take that out and it would be...well, half as good I guess.

Also another idea - tours.

How many people do Chelsea take on a tour? It would be the 1st team and plus a few others but on fm you can take everyone Inc youths, wouldn't it be better if you could select 24-26 players and only they can be selected to play?

Yeah I agree on this one, would probably make it a little more realistic.

I think this is an area where SI have sacrificed a little realism for the sake of playability. Buying players and negotiating with them is half the fun of the game, take that out and it would be...well, half as good I guess.

Yeah I agree on this one, would probably make it a little more realistic.

Agree with you on both points there, the transfer negotiations have to be in the game for the playability, otherwise the game wouldn't be as much fun to play as it is.

With regards to tours, for bigger teams there isn't too much of a problem with them taking the entire first team on tour but for smaller teams there should be a limit to it as it would cost them far too much to take the entire first team.

As long as we are accountable as managers for the financial side of the game, we must have full control of transfers. I don't want to get sacked because the chairman has bought 5 strikers from my list instead of 1.

Plus it's fun.

i agree :) but the only thing that we should be accountable for on the financial side is if we go over the wage/transfer budget... its stupid that we are held accountable for the club going broke when you comply with teh ai's specific instructions

I think something should be done where when your negotiating a contract there shold be an option where you tell the player your plans for the club. Alot like the start of the game when your negotiating your budget with the chairmen and you say where you see the club finishing in the league. Well this time the options should be, "i see this club challenging for the champions league, title, promotion, 3 year plans" things like this. would add alot more realism to contract negotiations as thats the kind of things that a real manager would do when meeting with prospective new signings and could also like in real life see some shock transfers i.e blackburn when they signed santa cruz, mccarthy etc, not many people expected it but it was the managers ambition that attracted them

i wasnt talking about taking the contract negotiations away, i too like that and some managers in real life will still be involved in those aswell mainly lower league clubs but they still have an incite.

I think the chairman of the club should have more of an incite into the dealings to bring more realism. like in real life the manager would be in a meeting with the player, players rep, chairman etc.

But the thing i stated was to have as part of the contract screen, a section where you state your opinion as to where you see the club finishing in the league and in the future and how the player fits in

i think as a with the suggestion of selecting a squad that you have to do that with away games as well, because its easy now ur player picks up a knock at 2pm and u can just select any player you want (even if ur newcastle playing a portsmouth), i think u should have to pick a squad of say 20 to travel and then thats all you've got for that one game?

ideas on that please

That's my favourite part of the game, so no. I wouldn't be adverse to an OPTION to do that, but taking away my ability to buy players and negotiate contracts would be the one change that would have me considering not buying the game.

Quoted for emphasis.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be a nice option, though at this point I have to agree that personally the transfer market is my favorite part of the game. Perhaps when other parts of the game are more fun (3D, new tactical system some day), then this can be brought up to speed as an option

Archived