Man City!

I did search and feel fre to close because I though someone must have asked this but:

How much transfer money will Man City have to spend and why have a balance the guys owning it dont care about the black/red they just wanna sign sign sign!

Does this break any FM2009 transfer systems!

Return of the Sugar Daddy!

also, i like to know what club reputation they will start off with. Absolutely not starting with national rep right? i mean in game, when a rich tycoon takeover their rep goes up to 10,000!!! so it makes absolute sense to start off with continental i reckon to be able to attract money hungry stars ;)

i reckon the transfer budget should be around $300-$400m

I think it would be incredibly hard to assign an appropriate transfer budget at this time, anything we have heard or read is pure specualtion and if they were to be given £400m, and then spend £20m we would all be moaning about how unrealistic it is. ATM they have spent £32m, and all this talk of spending fortunes is exactly that, just talk. Anyone remember how Derby were huffing and puffing about their spending power last season and look at them now.

I expect them to be continental repuatation at least, but not because of the investment, because they are in Europe.

Anyone remember how Derby were huffing and puffing about their spending power last season and look at them now.

I expect them to be continental repuatation at least, but not because of the investment, because they are in Europe.

Agree with the rep its just they shoudl have a huge wage budget that they can use to punch above the rep :)

Derby got a new USA owner in and said it was like the Glaziers, Hicks, Lerners however they were not quite in the same league and also had the starting point of being Derby!

I would say the Man City thing is in a way dif league, I mean the £50 bid for Torres has been confirmed by Liverpool. These guys have a whole dump of money and don't care about the Business aspect just being successful! OFC same thing if they get bored then Man City are in trouble but for now as a RED Manchester Supprot it has certainly livened things up!

Well considering the front man for the new owners, Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim has said they are thinking of bidding £123m for Cristiano Ronaldo, it's gotta be about as much as FM can handle! Another man part of the takeover group is in the Abu Dabi royal family whos estimated wealth is a trillion dollars (TRILLION DOLLARS!) and he is married to the daughter of the dubai royal family so even more money there gotta put Man City's finances to whatever FM can take really :)

I think there should be two factors on what makes a player come to a club:

1. Reputation - as it is now, this is a reputation from a pure footballing perspective.

2. Spending power - for instance QPR would have a high rating here even though there reputation would be around 6000-7000 (guesing)

The question is, do SI sacrifice Man City's totally unique situation, which it is, because at least Chelsea are trying to run a business, for the sake of the game and its playability and enjoyability? Sure, put them on par with Chelsea in FM 2005.

You also have to remember that their money doesn't ensure the high end players, and certainly not the very best. Berbatov went to Man U afterall.

When the hell were we huffing and puffing about our spending power?!

Huffing and puffing was a poorly chosen phrase, apologies. What I meant was,I remember hearing the new director/chairman talking about challenging for honours and bringing in the best players, as it stands that is all the ne Man City owners have done as well, we'll find out in January or July if they were just full of wind or not, but I don't think it's enough to base their reputation and budgets on atm.

but I don't think it's enough to base their reputation and budgets on atm.

I would base it on the only days worth of business they could conduct which saw them try and snatch a Man Utd signing and succeeding in getting a player away from Chelsea! With a British record to boot.

Arsenal and Liverpool must be very worried indeed

Agree with the rep its just they shoudl have a huge wage budget that they can use to punch above the rep :)

Derby got a new USA owner in and said it was like the Glaziers, Hicks, Lerners however they were not quite in the same league and also had the starting point of being Derby!

I would say the Man City thing is in a way dif league, I mean the £50 bid for Torres has been confirmed by Liverpool. These guys have a whole dump of money and don't care about the Business aspect just being successful! OFC same thing if they get bored then Man City are in trouble but for now as a RED Manchester Supprot it has certainly livened things up!

hump of trouble?

i would put man utd risk as much more massive than man citys risk, at least the arabs aint putting debts on the club.

I would be much more worried being a red fan than a blue fan. (i dont support either) but am disgusted by top 4 fan mindset.

I would base it on the only days worth of business they could conduct which saw them try and snatch a Man Utd signing and succeeding in getting a player away from Chelsea! With a British record to boot.

Arsenal and Liverpool must be very worried indeed

Yes, but that's their opening day and first impressions count ;)

Wouldn't it be great if it was all a big joke? The investors were really broke and just having City on. Plus Robinho is not going to be paid for until January according to SSN which, if the investors back out, could pose City a big problem

i would put man utd risk as much more massive than man citys risk, at least the arabs aint putting debts on the club.

I would be much more worried being a red fan than a blue fan. (i dont support either) but am disgusted by top 4 fan mindset.

What Mindset woudl that be exactly, wanting the best for their club and winning things playing good football, that is at the end of the day what every football fan wants just at different levels, we want top 4 for CL reasons clubs in BSP want top 5 to get into the pro ranks.

And while we have debt it is managable and comming down quicker than was planned originally due to our success over the last 2 seasons. The Man City fear is the debt in terms of outgoings should the owner up and leave!

Wouldn't it be great if it was all a big joke? The investors were really broke

That's already happened to Liverpool :D

Anyways folks, this is veering dangerously towards a Football chat and could get closed so lets get back onto the implications it could have on FM. TBH I can't say i'm overly worried, Chelsea have began the game as the richest club for the last few versions and that hasn't meant they have managed to dominate in game.

That's already happened to Liverpool :D

Anyways folks, this is veering dangerously towards a Football chat and could get closed so lets get back onto the implications it could have on FM. TBH I can't say i'm overly worried, Chelsea have began the game as the richest club for the last few versions and that hasn't meant they have managed to dominate in game.

I guess its the whole new level issue, similar to when Abram took over Chelsea and SI introduced the Sugar Daddy features.

We shoudl remember that while Chelsea challenge on all fronts (I mean cant get much closer than last year) they are not a one club football dominating place, this however seems to be because Abram wants to eventually have Chelsea make money for him, his pockets are deep but he wants them to get deeper.

The new owners of City cant feel the bottom of their pockets and found money for Robinho behind their sofa!

I guess with SI revamping the Transfer system they will not be fully able to account fo rthe Man City Curve ball fully for the full release. Might need a patch.

Or they might just do what Nomis said and wait and see liek the rest of us.

I guess the poitn is the game became harder in top flight europe on FM becuase a new player is in town called Man City!

I guess the poitn is the game became harder in top flight europe on FM becuase a new player is in town called Man City!

I don't think so, there are plenty of big hitters in game atm who spend vast amounts of money every season, but i've never noticed any team completely dominate, especially in Europe. I think the main thing to remember is, even if City do become a footballing behemoth and start to destroy everything in there path, the game couldn't be coded to guarantee that. Essentially, yes they will become a force, but there's no way they will become the dominant team in FM and affect our enjoyment of the game.

Edit: To sum up - Every team is beatable both in game and IRL, so it shouldn't affect our enjoyment or the possibility to progress.

One of the things 08 didn`t get right was chelsea`s millions. You had 80 mil to spend and about 100mil in the bank which mean`t if you spent all of it your bank balance disapeared. They should have had a lot more in the bank maybe 1 billion same should be for man city.

If I was a gazillionnaire footie club owner and for some reason chose to sign an unproven manager (eg, an FM gamer) I sure as hell wouldn't open up my wallet and hand him/her £300million to spend. I might say "if Christiano Ronaldo will come, sure I'll fund it", but as for general spending I would definitely set a limit, say £50-75million.

This is what happens when you sign on as Chelksi now. 4-5 years in you get a huge budget but sign on in 2007 you get a max of £70million.

Personally, I think that's the way to go.

And regarding Chelski in real life, they are only worth as much as they are worth if Abramovich left tomorrow. In fact, they are probably worth less since the money he invested is (allegedy) in the form of interest-free loans which he'll make back once the club breaks even in its own right.

And regarding Chelski in real life, they are only worth as much as they are worth if Abramovich left tomorrow. In fact, they are probably worth less since the money he invested is (allegedy) in the form of interest-free loans which he'll make back once the club breaks even in its own right.

Which they are a long way from doing if I believe what I read.

People, you are forgetting something, Yes Man City will have a big transfer budget - both in the game and in real life, but in real life, are you telling me that players like: Ronaldo, Torres, Fabregas etc.. are realistically gonna sign for Man City. Before anyone jumps down my throat, lets not forget that Robinho would have joined Chelski if they had matched City's bid, and Peter Kenyon hadn't annoyed Calderon and Co with his "We're so confident of signing him, that we printed his name on replica shirts".

Perhaps if Man City finish top 4 this season(not gonna happen), then maybe next summers transfers might spring a few surprises(Ruud Van Nistelrooy apparently) - but until they get established in the Champs League, then they will be chucking money at "end of careers" players.

In regards to the game, as it has been mentioned earlier, when a rich new owner takes over a club, the reputation goes up dramatically, I just hope the the coders have changed this, as realistically Man Citys footballing reputation wont go up one notch in real life until their results and league position gets higher.

The trouble for SI is that none of us are going to know what will happen until January when the transfer window opens again. By then the game will have been out for a couple of months. Perhaps a patch after January (when we know just how much City will spend) will sort out the problem.

I am a Man City fan but I have to agree with DevonSpurs; the likes of Ronaldo, Torres et al are not going to sign for City in January becase there are bigger clubs out there. Now this situation may change after a few seasons when (hopefully) we (or anyone else for that matter) breaks the strangle hold of the top four.

If City start to win things and push their reputation in Europe then we may (just may!) see the likes of Messi and co on board, but first we have to wn something!!! All this money will count for nothing if there is no silverware to show for it.

I always play Man City when a new version comes out; this year is going to be even more interesting!!!

i'd say put the budget at about £50mil - gives them enough to sign quiet a few players and at the same time it is not a ridiculous amount of money. People can always alter to suit whatever happens in january with the data editor. As for reputation i think this should e similar to a team like Newcastle (Only because of the Robinho signing) but i would like to remind everyone that initially (before they won the league) chelsea didn't make world class signings - they just got players like Damien Duff and Wayne Bridge for over the odds prices so money does not automatically bring reputation up even at there extreme.

This is one sitiuation more than any other where individual players need to have some kind of accurate modelling of their reasons for signing for a club. Some will only go to a club in the Champions League, but let's face it - football is full up money grabbing people so there will be plenty (like Robinho) who will go simply for the money and the vague promise of future success (although I don't think the latter is included in FM currently).

As for Chelsea/Man City's bank balance, we can only guess at what their bank balances are like, but I can guarantee they do not have a billion pounds in there. £100 million with an £80 million transfer kitty was probably as correct as could ever be guessed.

Btw, remember Gretna...on a smaller scale that is what can happen when a millionaire owner decides to quit and shows that his millions were in his own bank account, he didn't transfer all his money to the club's bank account!

Archived