Dear SI

Oh yes and just a quick question.

Can you confirm if it is going to be Mac compatible?

Even with the new swanky graphical match engine, as I know soon as graphics get introduced games seem to break their compatibility with Mac's.

Cheers

I can confirm that it'll be mac compatible.

Miles said quite clearly in one of the videos that it was the "PC/Mac" version. :)

It's great that you want to tell SI how stoked you are, about FM09. I'm sure they appreciate it alot! But try to keep it in threads that already exists or send them a neat mail :)

What's wrong with you being able to play as a female manager? I'm pretty sure that it's only the female gender players who'll choose to do so, and it has no other effect on the game itself. Believe it or not, girls play games too! I think this just shows how much SI care about their customers. It's quite simple to add, but they've also spent some time making text responses suitet for the purpose, so the game refers and adresses the manager as "she" and "her" and the like.

But try to keep it in threads that already exists or send them a neat mail :)

There isn't a limit on the amount threads the board can have. I am sure SI doesn't mind the positive ones.

It's quite simple to add, but they've also spent some time making text responses suitet for the purpose, so the game refers and adresses the manager as "she" and "her" and the like.

I know it sounds to me like they got their work experience/university gap year student to do the grunt work.

"I am going to be a programmer for SI, WOOP!"

"They made me add <GENDER> in all the string fields. :("

Not a fun job for them

How exactly is it unrealistic?

How long do you think it'll be before we see female managers? If anything, we should already have them. They are late to the scene.

You do realise that you are beginning to sound like someone in the 80's moaning about the possibility of black footballers in England, don't you? Claiming we shouldn't have women managers is EXACTLY like claiming we shouldn't have black players/managers... And it's a belief that belongs back on the 1980s terraces, not in today's hospitality suites...

Why all the unhappiness towards female managers? I'm almost certain it will only be for players and it's a minor change of chaning his to her's and he to she for girls who play the game. Why is everyone worried about it?

I wonder if FM09 will now include female physios? You see quite a few now in the top 3 divs.

It's starting to nark me off a bit now how some people are puzzled or unhappy about it. If you're a guy, it's not going to affect you anyway. Women do play FM.

Exactly, it's no different to someone saying "Indian leagues, what's the point", and if they did they would be hounded. Grow up people :rolleyes:

I've been playing cm/fm series from the first version.. and for the first time in my life i can tell... WOW!!!! Fm2009 3D pitch looks absolutely amazing... i'm out of words to describe how happy i am with all that's been put in to the video. Press conferences... 3d pitch... board confidence... transfer system, training... you guys are GODS. I always felt that SI won't let us down, but this is way too much that i expected. That's going to be the best Fm game ever!

Thank you for your hard work. :thup:

As a male, it won't affect me one jot that it will be possible to play as a female manager. I won't be doing it, but seeing as women do play it, what's the harm in allowing them to play as members of the fairer sex?

WOW.

Just WOW.

I am lost for words! It looks amazing

(But female managers?)

Why all the unhappiness towards female managers? I'm almost certain it will only be for players and it's a minor change of chaning his to her's and he to she for girls who play the game. Why is everyone worried about it?

is it wrong that i know Charlotte Harris (the woman used in the FM09 video)

I wonder if FM09 will now include female physios? You see quite a few now in the top 3 divs.

Since there's already female physio's in various leagues in FM2008 I think it's reasonable to assume they will be in FM2009.

Archived