Player Preferred Moves

ok, so ive just watched the video - loved all the new features; i gotta say the press conference idea is brilliant (i actually mentioned this idea in a thread a few weeks ago and it has been implemented pretty much word for word! no doubt it was is the pipeline already long before that though...)

anyway, PPMS. i love the idea we can suggest to learn PPMS, but i also hope the old tutoring method is not discarded; i would like to see this kept but only for mental attributes (a more senior player mentoring an impressionable young talent is quite common IRL)

also, the main way of learning motor skills IRL is through imitation (in life as a whole, not just football). you see a skill, imitate it, then the skill is practised and you become more coordinated and proficient the more the skill is practised. this is why i think players should naturally be able to learn PPMS. if a young player is training with an extremely skillful player (e.g. zidane) he would imitate that player and hopefully learn new skills. from personal experience training with better players certainly improves you as a footballer as you can learn from each other.

maybe introducing Major player preffered moves and Minor player preferred moves would be a good way of implementing this. for example, a player could either "love" trying tricks or "like" trying tricks, depending on how much he practises it. i dont know how complex you could go into that; i know nothing about programming but it might be difficult to code?

anyway, great work SI, cant wait for the new game.

also, the main way of learning motor skills IRL is through imitation (in life as a whole, not just football). you see a skill, imitate it, then the skill is practised and you become more coordinated and proficient the more the skill is practised. this is why i think players should naturally be able to learn PPMS. if a young player is training with an extremely skillful player (e.g. zidane) he would imitate that player and hopefully learn new skills. from personal experience training with better players certainly improves you as a footballer as you can learn from each other.

I think asking the players to practice PPM's is geared more towards PPM's such as "shoots from distance" etc. Tutoring a youngster with no PPM's and an older pro with plenty, will mean the youngster picks some of them up and this is similar to what you are describing. Shooting from distance or holding the ball isn';t really something you see someone doing so you do yourself, you're either confident enough to do it or you need to practice to be confident enough to do it, I expect the suggestion function to focus more on PPM's like these.

Archived