Weird

Has anybody noticed this before, i'm in may 2011 on fm 2008 8.0.2 playing as leicester , and i'm trying to offer contracts to a bunch of kids that i have owned for the past year (but i loaned them out to a belgian club so they could get work permits for 3 years) , ok not 1 of the players mentioned is above 22 years old , i have just been relegated and their contracts are running out soon hence trying to renew their contracts heres my problem though.

when it comes up with wat they are requesting i can afford to completley match it so i do including bonuses and clauses etc, however i never get a message confirming or cancelling the contract yet none of them sign for me!!! why is this i could understand if when offering them the contract it sed is unwilling to discuss a new contract but it doesnt!, on their happiness they are all enjoying playing for the club too, please please help me! if you need more info let me know!

thx

Martin

Do you mean that on the contract page you can't offer or cancel the contract or do you mean that the players themselves don't reply to the offer?

If its the first one then if your aren't using the original skin this could be the problem. If its the second one well im not sure but it could be that seeing as they couldn't get a work permit they cant get the new contract but i think you should get a message in this case.

Im not sure im afraid, hopefully someone will know if neither of these are the case.

Do you mean that on the contract page you can't offer or cancel the contract or do you mean that the players themselves don't reply to the offer?

If its the first one then if your aren't using the original skin this could be the problem. If its the second one well im not sure but it could be that seeing as they couldn't get a work permit they cant get the new contract but i think you should get a message in this case.

Im not sure im afraid, hopefully someone will know if neither of these are the case.

right in answer to the first reply , no im not trying to click the cancel button or the confirm button all goes well with the offering of the contract, they just dont get back to me at all and the contract never gets signed ,

i am offering them contracts as their current ones are about to run out they are my players which i loaned out to get them work permits (as i have a work permit feeder club) (that was to the second reply)

however earlier today when i changed skins i did get an error message so i shall try this and see if thats the problem, ill let you know!!!!

Martin

Nope it cant be anything to do with the skin i was/am using because when i offer any of my other players a contract they either accept it or turn it down or tell me they require something extra , the players in question dont do any of the above i i can offer them what they want easily (and much more than double the wages sign on fee etc) is this a bug????

Martin

the contract offer even comes up in the new contract offer tab on the view tab in my squad screen , but after 1 click of the continue button it disapears!!!???

so i am just going to lose the players if their contract runs out before i can get them a work permit , isnt that just stupid because when i gave them the contract that has nearly run out they couldnt get a work permit but i was allowed to loan them out so they could get 1

Martin

so i am just going to lose the players if their contract runs out before i can get them a work permit , isnt that just stupid because when i gave them the contract that has nearly run out they couldnt get a work permit but i was allowed to loan them out so they could get 1

Martin

What length contract did you give them to start with?

well this just gets weirder and weirder , i went on holiday but before i did i changed the squad status of the players i wanted to sign new contracts to indespensible and set my ass man to do contracts and luckily when i randomly stopped my holiday it seemed some other contracts had been offered to the players along with an offer from my ass man , so i intervened and offeren them a better deal, i have lost 1 of my players but ill just buy him back when ive got some cash!!!

thx all the same

martin

Archived