move up from part-time

moaner - which team are you and league are you managing in?

sorry i was a bit tired when i wrote that, i should of actually explained my situation!

i am Stranraer and have just been promoted into the Scottish Second Division. My main problem being a part time club in this league is that, obviously i need to strengthen my squad for the stronger league, but i can't do this because nobody wants to join a part-time team by the looks of it. Even when i offer full-time contracts, i am turned down.

have you got a parent club? another idea is to go to the player search option and ask your assistant to filter out anyone who isn't interested and scout/trial anyone who is interested.

sorry i was a bit tired when i wrote that, i should of actually explained my situation!

i am Stranraer and have just been promoted into the Scottish Second Division. My main problem being a part time club in this league is that, obviously i need to strengthen my squad for the stronger league, but i can't do this because nobody wants to join a part-time team by the looks of it. Even when i offer full-time contracts, i am turned down.

If you can afford it try offering all players and staff full time contracts. I think this should work.

If you can afford it try offering all players and staff full time contracts. I think this should work.

tried it mate but a lot of them say they would prefer to sign a P/T contract.

and yes i do have a parent club (kilmarnock and they do send some good players) but when i try and sign out-of-contract or players who do want to come, they are never good enough.

Having all players on full time contracts doesn't make the club turn full time. It's all linked to bank balance or the league you're in.

My mate is playing Scotland at the moment and he didn't turn pro until he had over £5m in the bank, he was still in the first division when this happened but promotion to the SPL may also turn your club full time.

Archived