Fixed Transfers

After hearing that the transfers are going to be fixed, approaching a real value in the real life, i was happy.

This means that both the market transfers, club buys, were fixed and that the values are more real. Well its good because in fm08 there are some ridiculous prices for players. For example a player is worth 10.000.000€, and when you try to buy him, lets say the club isn't your rival or the player doesn't have any clauses, they will make you pay 30.000.000€... At least a value of 15, 16, 18 million was enough..

That and "modest players". These were to expensive. for example, in real life they are sold for 3 or 4 million while thew games makes us pay 10 million or even more.

I remember there was a player on my team that was sold in real life for only 2 millions. When trying to buy it, they rise the prize to 12 million...lol being the player worth only 2. It seems like nothing, but in reality it is.

Anyway glad to hear SI fixed this

I will say that I think the transfers were broken previously, however, I don't agree with your model as I see it. Are you saying if someone has a value of 16mil, then 18mil should be enough to secure him? If so, what is to stop me from just going around buying all the players I want??

I have always seen it as if someone is worth 10mil, not on the transfer list, doesn't want to leave the club and is starting most games for the club, why would the club want to sell him. This is why you can only buy them for 30mil.

I don't find the "broken" part of the transfer system to be the money you need to buy players at all. I think it is (hopefully was) the negotiation process.

EDIT: oh and the fact that no-one buys your players...ever :p

I'm looking forward to seeing how they went about creating the system from scratch. Hopefully there will be blog with more details on what it will be like. It was definitely one of the main areas they needed to improve and hopefully they will have got it right this time.

I will say that I think the transfers were broken previously, however, I don't agree with your model as I see it. Are you saying if someone has a value of 16mil, then 18mil should be enough to secure him? If so, what is to stop me from just going around buying all the players I want??

I have always seen it as if someone is worth 10mil, not on the transfer list, doesn't want to leave the club and is starting most games for the club, why would the club want to sell him. This is why you can only buy them for 30mil.

I don't find the "broken" part of the transfer system to be the money you need to buy players at all. I think it is (hopefully was) the negotiation process.

I agree with you to a certain extent but the problem is that buying even mediocre players cost a fortune. I know its a game so it can't really replicate real life but some transfers happen IRL that would never happen on FM. Dos Santos for example.

I agree with you to a certain extent but the problem is that buying even mediocre players cost a fortune. I know its a game so it can't really replicate real life but some transfers happen IRL that would never happen on FM. Dos Santos for example.

I understand what you are saying, I know that a medium is required, that is what I too would like to see.

However, I'm sick of people complaining about things like..."OMG I wanted M. Richards but they told me that they wanted 60mil for him sort it out SI" (that is an actual example of a complaint I saw just a couple of weeks ago)

Put yourself in the AI's place would you sell Richards. No...so what happens is you keep upping the bid until eventually they say"Fine we want 100mil for him!!"

I nice balance would be the way forward, however I'm not sure something so organic as real life is possible tbh.

in some cases im sure that there would be a price where the club would sell at for example if silva was valued at 20mil then im pretty sure you would be able to sign him for 35mil which is the british transfer record. Im pretty sure that irl both clubs would agree to this (even if valencia werent poor irl). In game this does not happen... if he was valued at 20mil then he would only get sold for 50mil+ (excluding the use of release clause)

The problem isn't them asking for 60m - its the fact that if you offer 45m they will still want 60m. IRL - they would bite your hand off for 45m. Well, maybe not now they are filthy stinking rich :D

I dont mind them asking for that sort of money because, in fairness thats exactly what I do :D

The problem isn't them asking for 60m - its the fact that if you offer 45m they will still want 60m. IRL - they would bite your hand off for 45m. Well, maybe not now they are filthy stinking rich :D

I dont mind them asking for that sort of money because, in fairness thats exactly what I do :D

yeh but irl they wiould ask for 60mil but actually want less... as a bargaining tool if you like :)

think peter crouch and liverpool. The media was speculating 8mil for him to leave but then rafa said he wanted 15mil which was completely unrealistic. This buumped his price up as pompey wanted to get him and they negoitiated 11mil or so

Even so ITS UNREALISTIC. And ive said a player who was worth 10million, not 16.

When u see a player that is worth 2 million and them they ask you for 12 million? That doesn't make sense at all. Has ive said what annoyed me the worst were the mediocre ones, with the hight prices.

sorry read it wrong :D \

but like we said. overpricing does happen irl but the valuations change when actual money is offered

Exactly and that is what I really hope changes in FM. 08 was really let down by the transfers.

Even so ITS UNREALISTIC. And ive said a player who was worth 10million, not 16.

When u see a player that is worth 2 million and them they ask you for 12 million? That doesn't make sense at all. Has ive said what annoyed me the worst were the mediocre ones, with the hight prices.

I'm not sure how unrealistic it is tbh. I think it would depend on club to club, player to player. As I have alluded to, would you sell a player dependent only on the money being offered? I highly doubt it. Many factors would come in to it. Player happiness, transfer status, player's team status are just some of them. I repeat a question asked always in response to this argument...Would you sell one of your best players for any amount of money? I know I wouldn't, so why should the AI? After all there is usually a reason why you want this player in the first place, yes?

I guess where my argument falls down is when you are attempting to buy a player who is rotting is someones reserves, and they ask extortionate prices for them. Though I have to say I haven't seen this very many times.

As for your example, I am sorry I misinterpreted the "base" value you had used. Instead then let me tell you this I think there are plenty of players IRL who are moved around for much more than any "value" we may put on them.

The negotiation system is the broken part not the prices of players, for "my god they want 12mil for this guy he's only worth 2mil" see "Not for sale". That is certainly what I do to put clubs off my players I want to keep. Why shouldn't the AI? Do you not feel that if the AI let us have any player that we feel we have bid a reasonable amount for then the game would be too easy and I dare I say it, unrealistic. Now I don't presume that this is what you are saying, however this is how it reads to me.

The term "realistic" is pretty flimsy when it comes to transfer fees for players anyway - there's nothing "realistic" about these in real life and they can vary hugely from year to year and the game has to simulate through decades when anything could change and become "realistic"

After hearing that the transfers are going to be fixed, approaching a real value in the real life, i was happy.

This means that both the market transfers, club buys, were fixed and that the values are more real. Well its good because in fm08 there are some ridiculous prices for players. For example a player is worth 10.000.000€, and when you try to buy him, lets say the club isn't your rival or the player doesn't have any clauses, they will make you pay 30.000.000€... At least a value of 15, 16, 18 million was enough..

That and "modest players". These were to expensive. for example, in real life they are sold for 3 or 4 million while thew games makes us pay 10 million or even more.

I remember there was a player on my team that was sold in real life for only 2 millions. When trying to buy it, they rise the prize to 12 million...lol being the player worth only 2. It seems like nothing, but in reality it is.

Anyway glad to hear SI fixed this

I'm not sure fixed means £10m will cost £10m myself, we shall have to see.

Transfer system rewritten from scratch made me very happy. :)

Selling seemed to involve a lot of... "Anybody want this player? Somebody? Anybody?! Pleeeeeeease?!" even if you spread the transfer out over the maximum number of months. Buying was like going to a sleazy used car dealership ;)

I really hope negotiating works better in fm 09. I found it aggravating when you'd enquire and they'd offer you a certain amount (higher than I wanted to pay). So I offer them what I was willing to pay and the amount they want jumps even higher. :eek:

im glad of this too because im sick of paying £30million for a player i require to fill a hole or improve my team, yet if the AI where in the same boat with the same player theyd refuse to pay £18million

I'm not sure fixed means £10m will cost £10m myself, we shall have to see.

No. read my post. If he costs 10million, why i must pay 25/30 million?

Of course most clubs will refuse the exact price e.g 10million, but, wouldn't 15,16 million do? If he doesn't have any clauses why the exaggerated price?

I agree FM08 has its faults with the transfer system, but it was playable.

If a player was transfer listed, you could get him at a knock-down price. Usually. Only when he had REQUESTED to go on the transfer list was his value higher. Similarly, when *I* put a player on the transfer list, unless he's a world class player I have to take less than his value. Just like in real life... Louis Saha for example was surplus to requirements at Old Trafford so he was sold for very little. Meanwhile, Gareth Barry, who Villa wanted to keep, would cast Liverpool £18million. Okay, in FM they'd probably have to pay £25million, I'm not disputing the figures, but the principle wasn't THAT out of whack.

Roll on 09. Everything we say here about our hopes are just speculation anyway.

yeh but irl they wiould ask for 60mil but actually want less... as a bargaining tool if you like :)

think peter crouch and liverpool. The media was speculating 8mil for him to leave but then rafa said he wanted 15mil which was completely unrealistic. This buumped his price up as pompey wanted to get him and they negoitiated 11mil or so

Why is that unrealistic? Berbatov is worth 30 million and a similar player is not raed at half his worth

Transfer system rewritten from scratch made me very happy. :)

Selling seemed to involve a lot of... "Anybody want this player? Somebody? Anybody?! Pleeeeeeease?!" even if you spread the transfer out over the maximum number of months. Buying was like going to a sleazy used car dealership ;)

I really hope negotiating works better in fm 09. I found it aggravating when you'd enquire and they'd offer you a certain amount (higher than I wanted to pay). So I offer them what I was willing to pay and the amount they want jumps even higher. :eek:

I'm agreeing with a United fan Unbelievable ;)

The way I always look at it is this...

When Real Madrid want my top centerback, who's worth 10-15 million, I ask for 60 mil to put them off.

So when i'm buying a player who's happy at his club, wanted by his club and worth 10-15 million, i expect them to also ask for stupid figures in order to sell.

Archived