I might be too late...

I realise that given the development of FM '09 appears well underway, this suggestion may be a bit late. However, I know that myself and many of my mates are forever hesitant to purchse the new Football Manager yearly installments, despite the fantastic new features, because we loathe to simply abandon our existing saves. I for one did not move on from my Wigan Save on FM '05 until the 2008 release. Therefore, I am tentatively and less than hopefully asking if it could be coded into 2009 that there is a backwards compatiblity of some sort for save games that have been created on previous versions. The confidence and media interaction features look really well done this time around, as do the other new functions/features of FM '09, and they are things I really want to use, but I would love it if I could use them WITH my current save. With the ability to add our own database's to the SI folder, it seems plausible that a 2008 save game could be loaded in 2009 using the older DB and a ME/Coding update procedure. Pro Evo have implemented this very well with created teams and Master League on PS2, so perhaps SI and Sega could achieve similar success with Football Manager.

Just a thought, it would really put the icing on the cake of what is a phenomenal series.

Cheers for your time and to Sports Interactive for bringing out an immense game each and every year!!

Been mentioned before. If you search you will find a big discussion on it.

I don't think we will see this because it would cause bugs all over the place and that would be a big problem for SI. They wouldn't know which bugs were real 09 bugs and which were just because of compatability. I don't think it would be worth it.

If it could work perfectly, then it would be a fantastic addition though :thup:

Meh, sorry, should have searched. Tbh, I'd take it with bugs at the moment. I really want to do press conferences, but equally I don't want to give up my 8 year career game.....

I know how you feel. Currently in 2026 on Fm08. We still have a few months to finish up though :)

Archived