Why is the skin the same as last years?

I wasn't the biggest fan of last years skin....but I got used to it. You have to if you play with QPR for 25 years :)

I wouldn't mind a few tweaks here and there, colours could be improved upon.....just have to look at some of the user created skins for some examples.

Just what I thought. It will feel to me like the same game, a new skin would have made it seem 'newer' if that makes any sense.

It's not a big issue as people soon come out with cutom ones but that skin got a lot of hate last year, I can't see why its been kept.

I hate that skin and its still there, I won't be using it but at least there could be a much better default one.

Also i've got an idea about a skin, why don't SI use a skin made by like somone in the community and use that as a default? At the moment my favorite is the 'Flex 1.2' skin and would be so good if that was the defaut skin for FM09.

Also i've got an idea about a skin, why don't SI use a skin made by like somone in the community and use that as a default? At the moment my favorite is the 'Flex 1.2' skin and would be so good if that was the defaut skin for FM09.

Does anyone agree with this idea?

I would have thought skin colour would be the easiest thing to change and usability/functionality would be the primary focus. Obviously I don't know one way or the other if that is the colour scheme they have decided on but it's a bit early to be casting judgement on something that can probably be changed fairly easily.

Anyone in the industry (or programmers) care to comment on my admittedly ignorant statement?

To add to my post above....I seem to remember that last years preview screens also used the previous years skin, but updated to include the new tabs for features that were being introduced for the new version.

Probably the same situation for this years release.

• SI Staff

Legal reasons, you'd be suprised the constraints placed upon a skin released on the disc.

Well it says on the video that they will have 2 default skins' date=' one of them being the light one like FM08 and one of them being a dark version (which from what I saw in the video snippet looked quite good). :thup:[/quote']

Thats for FMH

The one they have now has grown on me, but I still think it's too bright.

I was unimpressed with the skins for Fm2008 from the community, due to poor buttons, trying to make it look like Vista and general use of fonts that are suitable for a Blade or Buffy movie.

I think the glass one by Anderson for Fm2007 was a very attractive and pleasing skin IMO>

The one they have now has grown on me, but I still think it's too bright.

I was unimpressed with the skins for Fm2008 from the community, due to poor buttons, trying to make it look like Vista and general use of fonts that are suitable for a Blade or Buffy movie.

I think the glass one by Anderson for Fm2007 was a very attractive and pleasing skin IMO>

Look for Bluu. Its the only I can use.

I wasn't a big fan of the new skin in FM 08 due to its brightness. I personally would prefer a slightly darker skin so that it's easier on the eyes. I'm sure our friends in the skinning community will be quick to release a variety of skins in quick enough time for us as alternatives.

not to be a cynic but it might be because SI spent a lot of time making a wonderful new 3-D graphics match engine. I'd of liked to see a new skin as well mate. I am (deadly serious now) happy with the progress re: media interaction and the transfer system. maybe i will buy the game afterall....hmmmmm decisions, decisions

but anyway, the skin, i think i will have to teach myself how to put in custom skins for this one. some of the ones people have for 08 are very good.

not to be a cynic but it might be because SI spent a lot of time making a wonderful new 3-D graphics match engine.

Not at all. SI have a dedicated team for the skin etc I believe so the ME wouldn't have interfered.

I still think we will see a new one. I'd be disspointed if not.

Not at all. SI have a dedicated team for the skin etc I believe so the ME wouldn't have interfered.

They haven't even mentioned it or shown it yet, all the videos were about were the features, also hope their UI is much better this time too.

doh you was supposed to ignore that part! it was me being very silly. i know that SI have many different teams for many different aspects of the game. and i must say they indidually do a great job! team SI FTW! do they have a theme tune?

I would not think it is a big deal if it was not as you can download skins from the community but I see where people are coming from when they say it would make the game seem ''newer" as I when I get bored of the game I often change the skin as that make the game seem new.

I would imagine that they would release a new skin with the game. They will probably not create it until the game is almost complete.

I would not think it is a big deal if it was not as you can download skins from the community but I see where people are coming from when they say it would make the game seem ''newer" as I when I get bored of the game I often change the skin as that make the game seem new.

I would imagine that they would release a new skin with the game. They will probably not create it until the game is almost complete.

I think your right.

And the features such as the transfer and confidence system's needed much more improving something that was already more than adequate to start with.

:rolleyes:

i think all aspects to the game needed to be worked on in proportion to keep up with the iieda that FM09 will be a revoloution. lets hope SI have delievered (i'm sure they will, KUTGW guys wooooop!)

Archived