FM/WSM 2009 Question (US Release?)

Will FM'09 be released in the same fashion as 2008, as far as the alternate "Worldwide Soccer Manager" label for sale in the US? Do we know if the US release date is also November 14th?

Thank you.

Love,

America

Just order from UK website that delivers games to US(thats what i do) and you get the game 3-4 days after official release date.

I am sure as it nears closer to the end of October, all dates should be made known, as they stated when the demo is released they will post a full list of features and information on the gaming so people know several weeks just before the release everything that will be involved with the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Just order from UK website that delivers games to US(thats what i do) and you get the game 3-4 days after official release date.

Which website? I searched like hell last year and couldn't find one, I eventually settled for WWSM 2008.

However after getting it realized it wasn't compatible with my UK friends so I couldn't play online with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Which website? I searched like hell last year and couldn't find one, I eventually settled for WWSM 2008.

However after getting it realized it wasn't compatible with my UK friends so I couldn't play online with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

just order it on Amazon.com

amazon.com has wwsm listed at $30.00 US and has the release date listed has November 1st. The price is significantly cheaper, but I think it's pretty safe to assume the release date is wrong.

Also, I thought I read that WWSM was compatible with FM for online games... if this isn't true, then I'll certainly be hesitant to pick up WWSM.

• SI Staff

I've said it before, but as the HR of America/Canada I feel it's important to buy a version here (of WSM) because it shows there's a fanbase in the country and justifies license expenses for MLS, and hopefully, would contribute to the argument for getting USL licensing in the future. Grey imports don't do that.

If possible please buy WSM if you live in the US or Canada.

On WWSM we can't use third party programs we also can't play save games from FM nor can our friends playing FM play save games from WWSM. These may not seem like big issue to some, but they affect my gaming experience quite a lot. Also however hard SI try FM always gets first treatment.

Also, I thought I read that WWSM was compatible with FM for online games... if this isn't true, then I'll certainly be hesitant to pick up WWSM.

Interested to know that same answer. Nice to see another Dallas player on the boards. Is there a Dallas, Texas, FM/WWSM community out there?

Interested to know that same answer. Nice to see another Dallas player on the boards. Is there a Dallas, Texas, FM/WWSM community out there?

There will be if you start one ;)... and hey, you'd already have one member :p

I would like to see some straightforward answers concerning WWSM... I feel like I'm always lurking these topics on the boards but they tend to die out without any questions being answered. It seems like there's a group out there saying only the language and the name on the box have been changed, and then there's another group saying how save games can't be shared, networking games don't work, downloaded graphics don't work, 3rd party programs don't work etc. This is a very concerning issue! I vote for some answers (and I vote for USL leagues, but that's a whole other thread ;) )

I had asked this question back during FM2007, and the answer I received was:

WWSM is the exact same as FM, except for changes in verbage, ie. "soccer coach" instead of "football manager".

In fact, on WWSM08, I have changed the language to "English" instead of "English (USA)" and I believe it's the exact same as FM08 now. You have a different entry screen, it says Worldwide Soccer Manager, but I believe it's probably like a .jpeg you could change out for one that says "Football Manager".

There shouldn't be any difference between saved games or add-ons, I use everything for FM08, skins, data updates, sounds and they work flawlessly. I would assume FM09 would be the same.

Wow, a 3rd DFW player! And a 4th Texas player!! Sheesh maybe there should be a group :thup:

Anyway, Thanks Lobaeux, very helpful. I don't remember who specifically, but there was a complaint about network games. Is there any merit to this? It'd be nice to know, especially for the DFW community :D

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm located in New York, and like many of you I'm wondering if it's a smart move to buy WSM.

My only concern is it's online compatibility with FM 2009. My buddies in France have FM, and if I can't play online with them there is absolutely no point.

Have you guys tried? Can Aljarov maybe, as the head researcher for North America, shed some light on this? :confused:

If I can't play online with my friends, I will have to buy the French or UK version of the game, no doubt.

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks, that's what I understand about the game itself.

However I still have that concern about online (or even local network) games between one user with WSM and one with FM.

Since the program names differ, I want to be 100% sure that they can still connect to each other online.

Has anybody already tried this? One player with WSM 2009 and one with FM 2009 (same patch config, obviously), can we play together?

Hi Guys,

I've just moved to Canada and I can't but the game anywhere. Amazon.ca doesn't stock it and Amazon.com won't ship to Canada. I asked some guy at a shop if he can get it sent up but he seems to think that it was recalled. I'm in Vancouver but don't really fancy a trip to the states to get it. Although I may have too!! Any suggestions please??

Archived