Who is going to be your team in fm09?

I hope im allowed to make this thread, if not, please feel free to close it.

What i want to know is who are you going to start with in the new football manager game?

I am still unsure, torn between Man City, Chelsea, Spurs or Ipswich town.

Man City will have lots of money, and only a few changes needed to the team, with probably my team being: New gk; Richards, Kompany, Dunne, New lb; Fernandes, Elano, Johnson; SWP, Robinho; Jo. I would try to bring in a new right back in a couple of seasons, replacing Dunne with Richards. I would also want to bring through Daniel Sturrage.

Again, Chelsea will have lots of money, and with Boswinga and Deco, i think that only one definate signing will be needed, a left winger. if you are being picky, you may choose to buy a striker, a centre back and a right winger, but only backup players. the team will be: Cech; Boswinga, Terry, Carvalho, Cole; Essien, Lampard, Deco; Cole, new LM; Drogba.

Spurs also look pretty set for the season, especially with the new signings of corluka and pavluchenko, but again, i feel that a left winger will be needed. The team will be: Gomes; Corluka, King, Woodgate, Bale; Huddlestone, Jenas, Modric; Bentley, New LM; Pavluchenko.

The final team will be Ipswich, who are my local club. Ill have to see what they are like until i decide the team that i choose and who to bring in.

Thanks for reading, please comment and add your thoughts

Liverpool, always manage them at some point in every version of the game, and have done since started playing football manager games, out of the top 4 they'll probably be the hardest to manage as they probably need to be changed the most with getting rid of some crap players to be replaced by quality for once, and with the lack of funds reported by rafa should be a challenge to keep them in the top four let alone challenge for the title

Archived