Improvement on freekicks needed?

Hi,

On my game of Football Manager 2008 every freekick within 30 yards of goal seems to go in and most of them taking a difflection on the way in. for example in the last 3 games in manager of Colorado Rapids 3 out of 3 of my freekicks have gone in I'm not complaining but same with the opposition which dissapoints me.

It's not very realistic yes there are freekicks being scored in RL but that much. I know every time a freekick around central position withing 30 yards of my goals that goes wide or hits the wall that I am very lucky.

They never seem to hit the post, that is a rare occasion I know to hit the post in a freekick in real life, but still it would be a step up. Same with a crossbar.

It is rare times that the opposition or myself hit the wall it must be said from my personal opinion of it.

Ok I'm not saying that no freekicks shall go in but just try to shorten it a little as it's not very realistic.

In FM09 they are trying to make it as realistic as possible right, at least Ray Houghton says so so why not change this.

I hope a lot agree with it and it needs sorting out.

could i be goin in everytime because u have your highlights set on goals or summut? then u wouldnt know when 1 was missed

This is a good point, but we'd have to be blind if we thought that the representation of free kicks in FM08 was anything better than disappointing.

My biggest problem is the number of free kicks that occur from INSIDE the penalty box. At least a dozen per season, sometimes more than once in a single game. I didn't even know it was possible until I saw it in a game earlier this year, this first time I've ever seen it 3+ years of following the sport.

I play extended highlights and I noticed the same, they way overcooked the deflection element.

Yeh they did it too much it needs sorting out for 09 and most certainly live.

With Live I hope they update it every year or so to improve.

I am not a normal ranter as they say but I have one more. Make the posts and crossbar more clear and let it hit the crossbar. And do the angle on the pich diaganolly so you can see the shot better and height of it.

Thanks and hope for more posts.

Archived