STOP moaning about 3D! And well done SI - Looks fantastic.

LJS

Looks fantastic. New transfer system AND match engine? Christmas comes November this year.

Quite happy about the female gender option for managers. Been a long time coming ;)

New assistant manager features in-game look great. Excited about press conferences.

I don't know if I'll be running the 3D mode (depends how it works on my computer) but the option for 2D is still there - SO STOP MOANING. It's not as if they've culled all other forms of watching the match.

So much new stuff - I'm very excited. Looks like more changes in one edition that the collective changed in 06,07 and 08.

Roll on 14/11! (And the demo date)

There was no way they would leave out the option to keep it 2D, so I agree. I'm one of the people who remain sceptical about a 3D match representation, but after testing it in the demo everyone can decide for themselves whether or not they wish to use it.

but after testing it in the demo everyone can decide for themselves whether or not they wish to use it.

Agreed. I don't get this extreme aversion to 3D. It's there if you want; turn it off if you don't. Really don't understand the violent backlash over it.

Agreed. I don't get this extreme aversion to 3D. It's there if you want; turn it off if you don't. Really don't understand the violent backlash over it.

I think alot of people are haunted by the old 3d images of lma and premier league manager *shivers*

I think maybe I'll be running the game in 2D for a start, but I think it'll be amazing to look at the incidents in 3D afterwards. What I'd like to be able to do though, is have a manager view from the touchline, though that might be taking realism a little bit too far...

My only dissapointment is the addition of female managers...do we see female managers in real life...no? So why add them in the game? Does this feature benefit me?...No. Is it going to be useful to me during the game?...No. This addition spoils the realism in my opinion.

I think maybe I'll be running the game in 2D for a start, but I think it'll be amazing to look at the incidents in 3D afterwards. What I'd like to be able to do though, is have a manager view from the touchline, though that might be taking realism a little bit too far...

I think you can actually control your angle so it may actually be possible. Let's see..

Another thing, the instant replay option is handy too.

My only dissapointment is the addition of female managers...do we see female managers in real life...no? So why add them in the game? Does this feature benefit me?...No. Is it going to be useful to me during the game?...No. This addition spoils the realism in my opinion.

same here. I just couldnt have a media fight with a woman. too brutal

Yeah exactly, to date all 3D match engines in other management sims have been shocking, and people are worried SI are repeating that mistake. I hope the 3D is reasonable and if so, i'll use it. If not, i'll use 2D, so I don't see why people are moaning about it.

Although, is text-only commentary still optional? Or has that gone now?

No but you see females in all other parts of football both in the boardroom and as physios.

I'm talking about being a manager...I thought this game was supposed to be about realism, how can a female be a manager? I bet you if a woman in real life was a manager in the premier league she would get laughed at and judged etc, there are many more issues to this. I have nothing against women but I do like to keep the realism.

I'm talking about being a manager...I thought this game was supposed to be about realism, how can a female be a manager? I bet you if a woman in real life was a manager in the premier league she would get laughed at and judged etc, there are many more issues to this. I have nothing against women but I do like to keep the realism.

ur still single aren't u? :D

I think this is for the user not the AI. You aren't going to see a load of AI female managers

There are plenty of female coaches and scouts in the game in real life. In fact I used to sign a lady scout as a coach in a previous version of the game, but whenever I asked her opinion about something it was "Carol says HE thinks player X has a great future". A simple thing but nice touch.

Definitely won't be using the 3D. Looks really weird, players sliding around and moving awkwardly and the range of different shooting/passing animations will no doubt be too limited. I've yet to see a convincing representation of football in 3D and if companies that work on this full time can't manage one how can we expect SI to be able to create a good 3d match view as a side part of a game of such magnitude? Nothing in these clips to convince me either.

But since the 2d will still be there, I'm not really bothered at all as long as the more important areas have been improved like it's said they've been.

I can't see how anything mentioned in the video can upset or anger people. You can still have your beloved 2D if you want! I for one am really excited about the 3D if it's done well it will be fantastic. They've listened and that means sifting through the mountain of unconstructive bull on these forums. Top job.

You won't have to deal with it- It won't be AI female managers, just an option for the chunk of us female FM players so we don't have to get referred to as 'he' and 'his'. Small thing, but I'm happy about it. I've been playing since CM2 and this'll be the first time it's recognised me as a female. Don't worry about it Navie - I'm sure there'll be no girls to spoil your game ;)

The thing is...Can we all cast our mind back to CM 4 when 2D was first introduced to us? We thought it was amazing back then, but looking back, it's looks kinda lame to what we have now. So year upon year, more and more animations will be added to 3D and it will only get better.

And the widgets. That is really awesome as well. SI have really pulled out the stops for me this year. I can't wait to try the Demo...or even the beta if one gets released.

Looks fantastic. New transfer system AND match engine? Christmas comes November this year.

Agreed transfer system rework loooong overdue.

Quite happy about the female gender option for managers. Been a long time coming ;)

I don't understand why would that reduce realism, this will only probably be used for female players and will there will not be that many AI female managers in the database. Female players deserve their gender in the game...

New assistant manager features in-game look great.

Also long overdue, hope SI will build on this feature this is a good beginning.

I don't know if I'll be running the 3D mode (depends how it works on my computer) but the option for 2D is still there - SO STOP MOANING. It's not as if they've culled all other forms of watching the match.

Yes stop moaning if you don't want it don't use it, simple as that. I personally have to see before I decide if I will be using it.

Yeh when the FML prices were released I was a bit dissapointed as I'm a student with a new girlfriend (ie skint). But now I can pick up this with what looks to be what I've been waiting for for years, a 3d match engine I'm the happiest guy ever.

How SI can make the biggest improvements to game for a while whilst simultaneously making the wonder that is FML truly astounds me. I'll definately be buying this SI truly deserve what little money I have :)

With the players in 3d, do the goalies have discernable arms? Can you watch them make a fantastic save, or are they just solid blobs?

we'll have to wait and see. im a pessimist but under the watchful eye of the moderators, i hope and pray SI pull it off (or face a resounding "told you so" from a certain someone).

without reopening the debate, i can't see how it won't get repetitive (i.e goal celebrations, fouls, etc)...actually that makes me think will there be cut-scences to show a booking and goal celebration etc?

Some of you pessimists don't realize is that the 3d is not done yet. In the video they say that its only about at 50 percent so if it looks good at 50 imagine what will it be like when its done?

As for the female managers thing...I have absolutely no problem with this feature at all. I mean it doesn't affect me at all and it attracts more women to the game. I am concerned about one thing though. Say I'm in year 2013 (whatever) and I'm say Man City, now if Fergie retired and was replaced by a woman I'd be a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong! I have no problem with women being a user manager, it would be kind of weird to see them as managers of the ai teams. Like someone said above, I couldn't get into a fight with a woman even if they're in control over my rival team.

We can't tell anything about the 3D engine from that youtube video.

I think it will get criticism to start with as people are more likely to find bugs in the ME now that they can more clearly see what is going on in matches.

However, I think that is a good thing, as it will speed up improvement of the ME overall.

Its brave of SI to introduce 3D, and in the long run its definitely worth doing. I just wonder how it will be received. People need to be patient with it.

With the players in 3d, do the goalies have discernable arms? Can you watch them make a fantastic save, or are they just solid blobs?

This is where the ME will need to have lots of feedback from us. Not just blobs anymore, now the players have limbs and a heads, there is more of the player for the ball to deflect off and how they address the ball. Also, how players can clash into each other.

People shouldn't expect too much from the ME to begin with. It will certainly need a lot of testing and feeback from us in the forums.

Archived