What was the best idea for FM09?

Man City will not be able to sign the worlds best players. Even if they have the money, most players won't transfer to them because of them being a relatively small team. If a player has the chance to sign for Arsenal, Liverpool etc or Man City then they would choose Arsenal, Liverpool. If Man City reach the champions league in the next 5 years I would be amazed.

PS-Players still reject Chelsea even if they have billions of pounds.

im a very random person :) one minute im just sitting here...the next i could be doing something totally unexpected like saying stuff like that or wondering what would win in a fight between a tiger and a lion of equal weight and strength :D

Don't lie, you know you'll be sitting there at 6 :p

Dunno Tommy \'the red\' Howard - money talks with players. Provided Man Citeh are doing well in Jan (at least top 6) I predict they'll bring in big big money signings who'll be attracted by astronomical wages and the ambition of the club, as well as the chance to play in a virtual fantasy football team.

If I was a top player, I'd be attracted with pots of cash and the opportunity to play with the highest quality.

They managed to convince Robinho, didn't they?

They managed to convince Robinho, didn't they?

The difference is that Robinho was already out of favour at Madrid due to the comments that he'd made (which was about moving to one of the biggest teams in the world in reputation, not Man City) and Real knew that it was either £30+mil or an unhappy player so they sold up. If City went for Ronaldo, Fabregas, Torres, Messi or Kaka, none of who had any problems with their club, I don't see any of those that would want to move to Man City and their clubs wouldn't NEED to sell them, because the players wouldn't sulk if they left. Money talks, but I think Champions League football speaks more, and when all of the mentioned players' teams are into the knockout stages they wouldn't want to walk away from that opportunity.

If next season City are in the Champions League, different story, but is one outstanding player (Robinho) and a few good players (SWP, Jo, Elano) going to do that alone?

''which was about moving to one of the biggest teams in the world in reputation, not Man City''

Chelsea were no where near the biggest club in London never mind the World before Abramovich took over.

They managed to convince Robben to reject Man Utd when Man Utd were agruablly the biggest club in the world.

Since Abramovich has taken over he has spent nearly £600m and brought 2 titles because of that money.

I bet Man City will do the same, and thats coming from a Man Utd fan.

Man City will not be able to sign the worlds best players. Even if they have the money' date=' most players won't transfer to them because of them being a relatively small team.[/quote']

well surley they will get a sense of city's ambition and aim to become the world dominating football club when they whack a suitcase full of crisp £50 notes (or Arab Dollers whatever the Sheik deals in) down on the table which a piece of paper reading "Sign here......"

i think a small but good idea to add to the that little bit of extra detail would be for the board and kit design team to ask you for a recommendation on which you think is the best new kit, with a number of kits ready designed for the new season.

Gets a bit annoying seeing the same kit on the match year after year. would make it more realistic also :)

Archived