What is the criteria for being franted a work permit to play in the UK.

I usually manage lower down so never often get to manage in the heady heights of the Premiership but I have just had an offer accepted on a 31 year old Croatian with 31 caps but the work permit was turned down.

Now he has already made 3 International appearances this season.

He made 12 International appearances last season.

10 the year before that.

Does anyone know what the criteria in the game is for being granted a UK work permit and if this is also the same in real life.

Cheers guys.

irl if it's the player has played 75% of games for his country in the past 1 or 2 years. players can also get special dispensation if they are an extraordinary talent (eg when Utd bought Anderson last year)

i'm not sure if the game recognises this though, as Aguero has been denied a wp in the first season for me before, despite making a few int. apps, and everyone knows what a talent he is

irl if it's the player has played 75% of games for his country in the past 1 or 2 years. players can also get special dispensation if they are an extraordinary talent (eg when Utd bought Anderson last year)

i'm not sure if the game recognises this though, as Aguero has been denied a wp in the first season for me before, despite making a few int. apps, and everyone knows what a talent he is

yes augero has also been denied a wp for me but i think FM takes it the way i mention in the first post. but i could be wrong im not totally sure on that

The special dispensation is in the game - however it only seems to apply to players who have yet to have a full cap (in my experience anyway) - I've had a 15 year old Argentine Defender get a work permit on appeal.

The one thing that I don't think is in the game is the rule about the players Nation having to be above a certain place in the World Rankings.

It would help if the game told you what was required for a work permit (For Example South Africa uses a Work Permit system aswell, but when I played in SA I had no idea who needed a Work Permit and what you needed to get one) and also in the player profiles list the percentage of qualifying International games the players have played. (It used to be in when you needed to play a certain amount of club games)

It would help if the game told you what was required for a work permit (For Example South Africa uses a Work Permit system aswell, but when I played in SA I had no idea who needed a Work Permit and what you needed to get one) and also in the player profiles list the percentage of qualifying International games the players have played. (It used to be in when you needed to play a certain amount of club games)

This happens when you scout them iirc

FM isn't particularly strong on this because it seems to automatically reject non-EU players out of hand if you aren't in the Premiership. It also doesn't take account of nations with associate trade agreements such as the one in place with South Africa that allows their citizens to become migrant workers in EU member states without the need for a Visa. (Although Switzerland is taken care of that way)

im not sure on this but i think a work permit will only be issused if there are no better players from england who are better than the foriegner. i think it was introduced to stop the entire english leagues being non-english

That would be a ridiculous criterion! No non-EU midfielder who isn't better than Steven Gerrard can get a work permit? :rolleyes:

Archived