testimonials

It gets suggested a couple of times a year - including by myself once. Response is usually an overwhelming shrug of the shoulders.

I've suggested this several times as well and I cannot understand why it never gets implimented. Considering we are able to choose the pitch size (which I have never known of a real manager doing) you would think that we could give long serving players testimonials which occurs with some regularity in real life.

If this is difficult to impliment in such a way that the player is only eligible for one when he has played for the club for ten years then it should be done differently. i propose that it should be part of the arrange friendly settings so that along with 'friendly' 'friendly tournament' etc you would also get testimonial in the drop down menu and then select which player it is in honour of and arrange the date and opposition. I can't think how this could be difficult to impliment.

This way you decide when a player merits a testimonial (as in real life not every player that gets one has played for the club for ten years and some players who have played for ten years do not get one at all, its quite random).

Anyway, I'd really like to see testimonials brought in (please be in 09...) as it really bothers me on long term games when some loyal players has been with you his whole career only to get released or retire without and fanfare whatsoever.

Considering we are able to choose the pitch size (which I have never known of a real manager doing)
They do. Brian Laws did at Sheffield Wednesday because he was concerned there was too much space which lead to us being the second most entertaining ground to visit because of all the goals. That... and the fact we're rubbish :D

It's something I'd like to see but I think one difficulty is choosing who plays in the match. Usually testemonials have some ex-pros who know the guy in question but it would be a problem to include them, obviously.

I'd love the feature though, when a long term loyal legendary player retires it just feels so impersonal. They retire... and then thats it.

Guest arsenal2111

I like this.

I had Adebayor, been at my club until 2021.

Then he just disapeared.

It doesnt happen, and if it isn't already included then fine, but a certain yes for FM10!

You pretty much summed it up.

Basically, the club effectively puts on a friendly match between them and another team of footballers who have a link or just want to honour the player. It usually occurs for players who have played 10+ years for a club. Its just to celebrate tremendous loyalty.

why is everyone so negative? i would love testimonials in 09 and it could still happen... the main features have been announced and more are going to come nearer the release date. Be optimistic, would the inclusion of testimonials be a 'main feature'? I don't think so, which means there is a chance that 09 could still include testimonials, although i do think there would be a problem as not many people get them in real life and i would imagine most Fm players offering them to anyone who had done anything remotely good

why is everyone so negative? i would love testimonials in 09 and it could still happen... the main features have been announced and more are going to come nearer the release date. Be optimistic, would the inclusion of testimonials be a 'main feature'? I don't think so, which means there is a chance that 09 could still include testimonials, although i do think there would be a problem as not many people get them in real life and i would imagine most Fm players offering them to anyone who had done anything remotely good

If it was included, I would have thought that the player would have had to have been playing at your club for 10+ years.

I reckon it would be a great feature to have testimonails on the game would be great to hold one for a player that has taken my team from league one to the premier league champs he deserves one.

Also our manager Roy Keane reduced the pitch size at Sunderland by 2 meters in length this season although after the match against Man City it didnt really do much lol.

Archived