Useless Parent Clubs

Guest Frisco FC

Guest Frisco FC

The team I manage is in the Scottish First Division. The board in its wisdom decided that a parent club relationship with Fulham would be a good thing. Unfortunately, as the manager, I'm not seeing any benefits. First, they pay us no annual fee. Nothing. Second, there's no friendly commitment. Finally, they've offered no players for loan, and those loan listed players that I've approached myself all react as if I've asked them to work in the mines. So I'm wondering what's the point of this relationship? Should I ask the board to cancel the arrangement and go find us a club that will give us money and access to players? I suppose that if I were ever able to make it to the SPL (unlikely in the near term) the Fulham players might deign to come over on loan, but the lack of an annual fee and no friendly really make this a poor deal in my opinion.

Guest Frisco FC
i'd recomend cancelling the link, then give it a few months and ask for a parent club and hope you get 1 in the Championship, those players would be more willing to come to your club.

Yes, I'm definitely leaning that way. I'm just a bit mystified as to why the board decided this would be a good thing. Other than the fact that Fulham have first option on my players--none of which are EPL quality--there's nothing in it for them, and certainly there's nothing in it for us. Silly, really.

did you choose the club, or was it already there?

i know Liverpool has a deal with Southampton at the start of the game, which is great when you play as Liverpool coz they never leave the Championship and are a brilliant club to send back up players too, but as Southampton it is terrible, because there is no annual fee.

i'd say cancel it unless you've got any other reason to keep it like i do. I'm Bournemouth and have Newcastle as my parent club, they dont pay an annual fee and i dont have an arranged friendly. The only reason i am going to keep them is because i want to steal Andy Carrol of them a bit cheaper than i would otherwise. If you think you're going to get to the scottish prem then i'd keep them and try to steal some fringe players when you do, cos i know being a fulham fan a hell of a lot of reasonable players become available from them for cheap.

much love

i'd say cancel it unless you've got any other reason to keep it like i do. I'm Bournemouth and have Newcastle as my parent club, they dont pay an annual fee and i dont have an arranged friendly. The only reason i am going to keep them is because i want to steal Andy Carrol of them a bit cheaper than i would otherwise. If you think you're going to get to the scottish prem then i'd keep them and try to steal some fringe players when you do, cos i know being a fulham fan a hell of a lot of reasonable players become available from them for cheap.

much love

andy carroll will set yuo back about 5mil no matter how early on in the game you try.

Archived