Stevenage Borough: The uncut Diamonds

Ex England international footballer, James Singh, has annouced he has become manager of a Blue Square Premier relegation prospect, although he has not mentioned which and there has been no press release thus far

(im hoping you haven't read the title yet lol)

BREAKING NEWS as Stevenage unveil Singh as their new manager. A local reporter asked what his expectations are both short term and long term.

"On the short term i will be looking to gain promotion this season on a limited transfers and wage budget. I will be relying on loans and free transfers for a few seasons until we start to become a big club and get some money in."

"On the long term i expect to win the champions league in 7 year (chuckles), realistically though, i would like to be in the prem in 10 seasons.

(i have already completed a few seasons so i will do them yearly and then every transfer window :D)

I am available to any press after im up to date (i will tell you when)

how will you hope to achieve this, will youwant o gain promotion each season or take it Steadily?
Oh sorry I didnt see the bit in brackets lol Must be blind:)

lol

i will answer this one lol

i hope to take it one season at a time and only time will tell if we will progress up or down as football is a funny old game

These seasons are a bit brief

After signing several free transfers including zac bennett and loan transfers like damian gray

ON THE STEVENAGE WEBSITE 01/07/08 - season overview

James Singh had an amazing debut season winning the Blue Square Premier by 39 points and staying unbeaten throughtout the league season the only defeat coming in the FA cup. Not only did James Singh bring success in the league, he also managed to win the setanta shield and the fa trophy to complete the treble of the lower leagues.

James Singh has quickly become not only a fan favourite but a club legend. Surely there is no limit to the success he could bring this club in the future.

How well do you think you will do in league 2?

Will you be aiming to go straight up, mid-table or do you think you will have A Relegation Dogfight?

How well will your players cope with A higher League

Mr Singh, what are your goals for next season and which players so you have your eyes on?

"In League 2 i am hoping to go straight up as i don't want us to be stuck in a league this earlier on as our premiership quest is still yet young."

"I am tracking a number of players whos contracts have expired and i cannot reveal their names yet but iv had a word with the chairman and we've agreed a mainly wage based budget this year as iv made it clear to the chairman i plan on only signing free transfers. iv also released alot of players to make way for new players."

"Expect big things from us this year."

After signing free transfers like frazier campbell, aaron ramsey and john bostock the season looks hopeful.

Stevenage Website 01/07/09 - season overview

James Singh the miracle manager last season had a tough task to immulate his sucess last season and become league two champions. As no money was spent on transfers all the transfer fund was added to the wage budget to attract free tansfers and James Singh used this to the full and a bit more, which upset the chairman. But how could the chairman stay upset with a manager who yet again won the league by 35 points and remaining unbeaten. Along with another cup success in the shape of the Johnstone Paint trophy, although disappointing league cup and fa cup runs which came to a premature end to the hands of premiership teams. But overall another great season as Singh prepares for another season in a higher division, but if anyone can do it James Singh can!

Once again James Singh has announced that the only transfers are free transfers. As an annoyed chairman refuses to comment on James Singh's oversigning of free transfers which has caused them to go over their wage budget which has caused bankruptcy fears among stevenage. James Singh has been doing so well but his overspending could cause a premature end to his stevenage career.

the latest free transfers are kasper schmeichel, david wheater, theo walcott and many more as James Singh looks for more trophies and the prospect of playing in the championship.

when asked about his chances of promotion James Singh had this to say, "As long as im not sacked i feel the signings iv made will help us lift yet another league title and hopefully a trophy or 2 in the process"

STEVENAGE WEBSITE 01/07/10 - season overview

After being threatened with the sack on several occasions over money, James Singh and the team managed to keep their eyes on the prize as they won league One by 34 points and the Johnstone Paint trophy again. Also after a number of shock wins in the FA cup beating a number of premier league teams, most notably beating Liverpool 1-0 in the semis to set up a shock final between Stevenage and leicester. After a hard fought match Stevenage managed to come up with a a couple of goals late on to claim the FA Cup. After the match A reporter caught up with James Singh and he had this to say "hopefully this will silence my only critic, my chairman."

"The lads did amazing and now we have the euro cup to look forward to next year aswell as the community shield against Liverpool. Lets not forget we are in the championship now and are possibly one season away from the premiership. All i can hope for is the chairman to loosen his purse strings and start given me some money to work with."

He may be in trouble for saying this on live tv but his just saying what everyone is thinking as the chairman may be on his way out of the club and looking to sell but only time will tell. For now at least everyone is looking forward to Singh taking on the championship!

After James Singh's joke about the chairman and his money, the chairman has decided to give Singh exactly £0 in transfer budget and slash his wage budget causing Singh to go berserk. Reports say he was so close to walking out on the club, especially as big clubs have been interested in the young manager. Singh has said this "its either he goes or i go on the long term. I need money to spend to bring this club to greatness, and the chairman isn't supplying. Im not leaving at the moment as i have said i will get them to the premier league so i will, but this situation has put pressure on my loyalty."

Singh refused to release players and signed a few more free transfers mainly abou diaby and the amazing signing of world class player Samir Nasri which, in Singhs words, "cost an arm and a leg." But the season looks one of more highs than lows and with europe on the cards stevenage could make their mark on the world earlier than they could ever of dreamed.

STEVENAGE WEBSITE 01/07/11 - season overview

The championship seemed too easy for stevenage as James Singh and co. managed to win it by a ressounding 36 points, but the championship wasnt the only trophy Singh had set his eyes on winning this season. Singh had said that he could win more than 3 trophies and the season started well with a community shield win over liverpool (3-2) and success just kept on coming as they sailed through qualifying and group stages of the euro cup. although a poor league cup run was the low of the season stevenage made up for it with a great fa cup run which lead to several premier league teams being knocked out. Also in the euro cup they had an easy run to progress through to the final against a very strong Real Madrid, and in the fa cup the final against reading was inked into the diary the quadruple was on the cards and with the community shield and championship already won.

The euro cup was hard fought after stevenage being 2-0 at half time, but the tactical substitution of putting on ben sahar to partner frazier campbell proved the decider, as frazier campbell hit one back after the 56th minute. sahar equalised in the 77th minute and the winner in the 87th minute after James Singh looked set for extra time. James Singh ran on to the pitch to celebrate with his team after the goal went in and has been fined and banned for 2 matches (which just happen to be friendlys lol). The team sent the manager to get the cup and after the celebrations Singh had this to say, "well what can you say at this point beating real madrid the greatest european team of all time in the euro cup for a team like us this is amazing. there is only one thing better and that is the champions cup cannot play in for at least another year, so we will be competing for the euro cup again if we win the fa cup."

The Fa cup was won quite easily 2-0 but the margin of victory could have been much more if stevenage had taken their chances.

so the new season will see stevenage be in the premiership, community shield, Super cup, Euro cup, league cup and fa cup, but how many they win could be down to the chairman!

Mr Singh is there any truth in the rumour that you have only signed youngsters and free agents so you can sell them on for big money at a later date?

"this was true i did plan to sell them on but after they started winning trophies the team built a very high morale. Also as the chairman was giving me no money to spend, free transfers were the only way to challenge for leagues and cups"

(btw i am up-to-date now so i will take longer to update plus im at school again now but im sure i can still fit in at least half a season a day :D)

James Singh is reported to be fuming as the stevenage chairman has announced that the transfer budget for stevenage in their first season in the premier league is .....

..... £0

All the chairman has done is cancel out the small debt building on their wage budget, but what happened to the money from winning the championship, fa cup and euro cup?

it seems a takeover may be on the cards!!!

skysports news

NEWS JUST IN

The consortium of 5 people who are supposed to be buying stevenage have pulled out of negotiations at this current time as they want the team to prove themselves in the premiership before completing the deal

Also upon hearing this manager James Singh has made the chairman of stevenage an offer to take over 50% of the club in a deal said to be worth £100mil

skysports news

NEWS JUST IN

manager James Singh has purchased 50% of stevenage for a fee of £110mil

James Singh had this to say "i would like to say i shall not be investing any money this year but now i have some control over my team as the chairman wouldn't let me sell players so now i will be selling if i want to buy"

"if all goes well this year i can tell you i will be investing big money after buying the rest of stevenage of course (cheeky little wink)

Stevenage manager James Singh has annonced the sales of the following players:

zuiverloon

emnes

lansbury

mikel obi

rubio (regen)

ramsey

huth

bostock

fleck

rodriguez (regen)

collins (regen)

moses

lennon

collectively brought around £56mil into the club

Singh also anounced there are new signings but he will not be revealing them

(because they are all regens lol)

10 players cost the club around £28mil

looks like stevenage have been very sneaky in their transfers as the busy transfer window shuts

premiership, community shield, Super cup, Euro cup, league cup and fa cup

Stevenage website - season overview - 01/07/12

New part chairman/manager has had a quite amazing season and may be the only team to be win every recognised english league ever after winning the english premier league with games to spare over liverpool

not only did league success come relatively easy (by 14 points) they also won several trophies

the community shield was the first trophy they added to the case with a win on penaltys after a 1-1 draw with arsenal

just a few short weeks later the super cup was in the bag after a 2-1 win over chelsea

while stevenage were leading the way in the premiership they were given relatively easy draws in the league cup, fa cup and euro cup

after beating arsenal 3-0 on aggregate in the league cup semi final another final was on the cards against chelsea again but after a 2-0 win the champagne was out yet again and suddenly stevenage fans were looking at a clean sweep of 6 trophies but they would only win the euro cup and not the champions cup but it doesnt make that much of a difference.

arsenal had a chance of revenge as the fa cup quarter finals came around but stevenage swept past them 2-0 and then beat liverpool 1-0 to earn them another trip to wembley

in the euro cup quarter finals atletico madrid put up a brave fight as they were trying to overcome a 2-0 first leg lead held by stevenage and their start shocked stevenage as they hit 2 goals quickly to wipe out the deficite. stevenage held of til half time as James Singh tried to motivate his team but in the second half their proformance failed to improve and they found themselves on the backfoot but kasper schmeichel was keeping them in the game with a few outstanding saves. as the 2nd of 3 minutes of added time was being played theo walcott scored a cracking shot from 35 yards out to give stevenage the away goal they were looking for and killed the match.

and soon a 3-1 victory on aggregate over fiorentina put them within touching distance of 6 trophies, 4 of which are already in the safe hands of stevenage

with the premiership won stevenage were able to rest a few players for the final 3 games and still beat liverpool, west brom and arsenal convincingly as James Singh joyously lifted the premier league on the stevenage pitch and he was the happiest of all.

but stevenage wernt don there with 2 trophies still to play for and first was the euro cup final against ajax which was as tough as ever after ajax took the lead and held it til half time but Singh made a sub that changed the game abou diaby. he scored and got an assist to help stevenage regain the euro cup 2-1.

the fa cup final saw stoke try to battle against stevenage sounds easy but stoke have been stevenage's bogey team but nevertheless they came out strong 3-1 winners to claim their 6th trophy of the season

a truely amazing year for stevenage borough

Manager James Singh's Q&A

highlight of the season:

there was quite a few but our 96 game unbeaten steak was my highlight until man utd managed to get a lucky win

dissapointment of the season:

the chairman

who was your player of the year:

abou diaby as he scored 31 goals from midfield and also won prem player of the year

what do you hope for next year:

the same again but most importantly the champions cup

anything else to say:

yes, i will be buying the rest of the club and once i do i will be revealing important things like our transfer budget and how i got the money, also if we win the champions cup next year i will be releasing my biography :D

sky sports

NEWS JUST IN

James Singh buys the whole of stevenage borough and reveals his secrects to how he got the money to buy the club

James Singh has this to say "well it took me a while to raise the money and im sure my wife will have a go at me (laughs) but when i first took over as manager i bet some of the money i earned playing football on us to win the premier league in 8 years of less and the odds were around 3000000-1 so i bet about £5mil"

"at the time it seemed like alot but now iv just cashed in on that and got £15,000,000,000,000 and iv decided to buy the rest of stevenage of the other half chairman for £220mil so i can tell you i will give myself a big transfer budget this season"

"i know the league frown upon betting in the game of football and i will happily accept any fine given to me(chuckles), its funny how i used to be a player at stevenage all them years ago when i was 16 earning £50 a week and now i am owner/chairman/manager of stevenage borough and the richest man in the world. (daydreams because of the irony lol)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry about the absence but school eats up alot of my time now but iv managed to get through another season

Skysports news just in!

Stevenage Chairman/Manager James Singh has revealed his £1bil transfer budget as he sets his sights on champions cup glory. James Singh had this to say "i won't be spending all of the budget but i just want to let the fans know the money is there for me to spend and iv already got a few names on the shortlist for next season."

the following transfers out have been confirmed by stevenage for the 12/13 season:

Frazier Campbell - everton 9mil

kasper schmeichel - Man Utd 7.5mil

ben sahar - fiorentina 10mil

nedum onuoha - Man Utd 27mil

rodrigo possebon - real madrid 33.5mil

+ a few regens not worth mentioning

fetching the club a healthy £99mil from 12 players

the following transfers in have been confirmed by Stevenage for the 12/13 season:

bojan - 31mil

cristiano ronaldo - 35.5mil

akinfeev - 17.5mil

fred - 18mil

messi - 35.5mil

russotto - 29mil

jovetic - 40.5mil

opare - 30mil

john terry - 25mil

essien - 30mil

kompany - 20mil

henri saivet - 30mil

+ regens

16 players cost a massive 416.5mil

Stevenage website - season overview 12/13

James Singh the chairman/manager of stevenage borough was hoping to crown his team the champions of europe after finally qualify after winning the uefa cup twice in a row

Mr Singh however refused to let any cup success slip away as he fielded his best side in every competition but it was worth it.

a 3-1 over liverpool in the community shield kicked off the new season along with the 6-0 hammering of reading on the first day of the league season

and less than a month after the community shield victory the super cup was won with a 2-1 win over chesea

a few weeks later stevenage introduced themselves to the champions league where they beat benfica 3-0 on day 1

stevenage went on to win every group game they played including a 7-0 win over sparta prague finishing the the table with a +23 goal difference in 6 games (25 for, 2 against)

on the 15th of december stevenage finally went to the top of the prem despite them not losing a game thus far. liverpool won all but one of their games which they lost while stevenage won all but 2 games and drew them both. but after liverpool were beaten by stevenage 1-0 they never looked back.

after struggling in the early rounds the the league cup against chelsea p3-3 and brave fighting crystal aplace e1-0 then found their stride and easilt beat liverpool 2-0 and man utd 1-0 and 2-1 to put finalin the to face tottenham

in the fa cup stevenage breezed passed ipswich, pompey and blackburn

b. jerusalem where the team stevenage had to face in the second round on the champions cup but proved no match for stevenage as they won 9-1 on aggregate.

finally another final the league cup which was won by a russotto hattrick as stevenage won 3-1 over tottenham

stevenage then played newcastle in the fa cup 1/4 finals managed to scrape through 2-1 and then they were given the easier of the 2 ties in the 1/2s against leeds which they won a resounding 4-1 to put them in another final against everton

arsenal were stevenages' 1/4 final opponents in the champions cup and after a 1-1 draw away they left the work to be done a home. but luckily for them they played very well iin the second leg and won 4-1 (5-2 agg.). next was valencia in the 1/2s which they won with a 2-0 victory in both legs (4-0 agg.) to put them up against the giants that are barcelona in the final.

the league was wrapped up at away at charlton with a 2-0 win and 6 games to spare

the fa cup final was relatively easy as stevenage found themselves 3-1 up at half time and only a yobo own goal in the second half to give stevenage a 4-1 and another trophy

But now the big finish to the season champions cup final Stevenage v barcelona...

... ronaldo gave us the lead after 20mins but essien then went and got sent off after 35 mins to leave the rest of the match completely wide open but stevenage managed to hold on till half time. after the restart ronaldo put stevenag 2-0 up but eto'o made a quick reply to keep barca in the hunt at 2-1 but another quick reply from jovetic gave stevenage the winning edge as the 3-1 lead stayed in tact til the end to give stevenage all 6 major trophies available and most importantly the champions cup.

managers views to follow.

Managers views + Q&A :

manager view:

well what can i say it seems like a dream taking a mid table confernce team and winning every trophy available in england in 6 seasons is wow i don't think it will sink in until i retire.

Q&A

best player of the season:

theres 2 actually ronaldo and russotto 50 goals between them at this level is amazing from midfield and 30 assists to show they're not greedy

best achievement:

going unbeaten all season in all competitions (60 wins, 5 draws)

whats the name of the biography you said you would do if you won the champions cup?

ha erm 'The Brazilence of James Singh' brazilence meaning: brilliance, resiliance and playing like the old brazil :D

So i think thats the end of the story for now as theres nowhere to go from here atm but if i get an international job or i can think of something like 'James Singh critically ill for 6 months (so i have to go on holiday on the game and try to salvage some trophies) then i will restart this thread but for now im just going to get to 30 seasons (hopefully :D)

Archived