Team Full Of Psycho's Or Am I Hated By Officials?

I was approaching a big cup match with my Stranaer team and found I had not one, not two, even three or four but FIVE banned players out of 19. All this, and FOUR players one yellow card from a ban....

Apparently the Scottish FA give out bans like its Christmas- well to my team anyway... Scared of loosing any more players, I took tackling down to "Easy" (from "Normal" by the way, not hard) and checked my squads Aggression stats, which were by no means increadibly high; ready for the big tie against much superior opposistion.

Anyway, I choose the team for the match and begin.......6 computer-minutes later and my CB gets a straight red (for next to nothing as you will see in the screenie!)...:rolleyes:....and err this lead to a rather embaressing score which I won't even bother to type, just look at the screenshot. :(

an I being victimised by the FA or is my team just bad-to-the-bone? If so, how do I tame these bad-boys? (I've warned and fined too many times to no avail)

crazypa7.th.png

crazy2fj4.th.png

You're obviously the Blackburn/Bolton of the Scottish leagues, with refs just looking for an excuse to card you aicmfp.

Seriously though, I don't think it's a reputation thing. It's more to with the quality of your players, I think the decision making stat of your defs can contribute to this. I certainly had loads of red cards in the lower leagues of my game, but as I gradually got in better quality players it also gradually stopped happening.

You're obviously the Blackburn/Bolton of the Scottish leagues, with refs just looking for an excuse to card you aicmfp.

Seriously though, I don't think it's a reputation thing. It's more to with the quality of your players, I think the decision making stat of your defs can contribute to this. I certainly had loads of red cards in the lower leagues of my game, but as I gradually got in better quality players it also gradually stopped happening.

yeah but how do explain a straight red for shirt-pulling? thats mad. I have never seen anyone get a straight red for pulling an opponents shirt for as long as I've 1) watched RL football and 2) played FM.

yeah but how do explain a straight red for shirt-pulling? thats mad. I have never seen anyone get a straight red for pulling an opponents shirt for as long as I've 1) watched RL football and 2) played FM.

Well as a Blackburn fan I have seen Tugay get sent off for a shirt pull, because we are obviously dirty!

I think the commentary doesn't always tie in with the consequences. I often see elbows, two-footed challenges get only a yellow card on FM.

I do seriously think that stats other than aggression are at work with things like this, decision making in particular.

One other thing to have a look at is how high up the pitch you are playing, as a foul as the last man however innocuous does seem to get a red more often than not in FM

The refs have personalities...sorta, so it could be that.

But I think you have some players with high 'dirtiness' and low 'sportsmanship' or some other terrible combination of hidden stats. Reminds me of FM06 and earlier with the mad sendings off. I kind of miss it.

Edit: Whoops, I just checked the scoreline. Yeah, I've definitely seen more sendings-off as the scoreline gets lopsided. There seem to be many players who are so humiliated in those situations that they let their anger get the better of them. Or however it is rationalized. It does seem to be a good game mechanic. Play a few friendlies against poor teams and get more determined players in the long run...

Edit: Whoops, I just checked the scoreline. Yeah, I've definitely seen more sendings-off as the scoreline gets lopsided. There seem to be many players who are so humiliated in those situations that they let their anger get the better of them. Or however it is rationalized. It does seem to be a good game mechanic. Play a few friendlies against poor teams and get more determined players in the long run...

it was only 1-0 and the 6th minute when he got sent off so the final score doesnt matter....its after he got sent off it all went tits up, i would of won 2-1 if he didnt of course:D

LOL I feel your pain mate!! I'm in my 4th Season managing Stranraer and I've just fought my way into 2nd Division. I dont know if it will be the same in your save or not but there is a 3rd division referee by the name of Winters who was a complete psychopath with red and yellow cards. Every time he refereed at least 3 or 4 yellow cards and frequently red ones too. I dreaded him being on the pitch. He even red carded my Goalie towards the end of a match on a 'cynical foul'!! Definately put your tackling on easy if you have him or expect red cards!

In my fourth season now and most of the original squad have gone from my team but Mark Thomas, John Kane , Gregory Tade, Ian Cashmore, Ryan Caddis, Michael Mullen are still in my 1st Team and progressing nicely. Get them on Full Time contracts if you can.

I didnt see Cashmore in the picture you posted, was he in reserves? He turned out to be my best striker (clubs highest scorer ever) and John Kane was so good in CB / DM that he constantly had teams trying to sign him and a couple of days ago they succeeded :( He'll be missed.

Anyway, it's a struggle in 2nd division what with half the league being 'fierce rivals' but I like the team and I cant bring myself to leave unless they sack me!

Good luck with the Blues :)

Look man don't worry. I always set up my team to get as many sending offs as possible. That f***ing adrenaline rush I get when we lose a man and have to shut up shop and nick a win is so high. I get so goddamn charged up it's mental! It's like real life when I'm on the pitch. One of my team mates took a shank on the pitch once. Proper fight night. Good luck to you mate.

LOL I feel your pain mate!! I'm in my 4th Season managing Stranraer and I've just fought my way into 2nd Division. I dont know if it will be the same in your save or not but there is a 3rd division referee by the name of Winters who was a complete psychopath with red and yellow cards. Every time he refereed at least 3 or 4 yellow cards and frequently red ones too. I dreaded him being on the pitch. He even red carded my Goalie towards the end of a match on a 'cynical foul'!! Definately put your tackling on easy if you have him or expect red cards!

In my fourth season now and most of the original squad have gone from my team but Mark Thomas, John Kane , Gregory Tade, Ian Cashmore, Ryan Caddis, Michael Mullen are still in my 1st Team and progressing nicely. Get them on Full Time contracts if you can.

I didnt see Cashmore in the picture you posted, was he in reserves? He turned out to be my best striker (clubs highest scorer ever) and John Kane was so good in CB / DM that he constantly had teams trying to sign him and a couple of days ago they succeeded :( He'll be missed.

Anyway, it's a struggle in 2nd division what with half the league being 'fierce rivals' but I like the team and I cant bring myself to leave unless they sack me!

Good luck with the Blues :)

cashmore was rubbish. i lost all want/need for him when he rounded the keeper and then put the ball wide in the last few minutes of what was to be a 0-0 draw.

i have just started my first season in league 2 and it isnt looking good- ive been forced to get rid of all of those good players you listed bar kane.

Archived