Create a kit feature

I very much doubt this would be implemented into fm09, but how cool would it be for a future fm title to include a create-you-own kits feature.

Any one else a tad sick of seeing your 07/08 kit in the 2010/11 season? (provided you have a kits graphics enabled)

I personally think it would be a good idea and also adding a feature that lets you choose a sponsor from a list of interested companies when your current deal runs out.

Obviously there should be boundaries that prevent such things as turning your rivals kits to a 'tastful' salmon colour, but anyway...just an idea.

Not really, the whole feature in FML is so limited it takes about 3 seconds to do.

I don't see why SI are putting the Kit creator as a feature of FML, you do it once or twice for about 10 seconds and thats it.

The beauty of FM is how simple it is to work, but I believe it could do with being fleshed out a tad also a 3D stadium wouldn't go a miss. :p

I agree with your sponsor-idea... I think it's riddicolous that it's not a part of the current games. I know that it can be very unimportant as the game picks a sponsor for you, and then you have a sponsor. Simple as that. But picking a sponsor and taking note of how you might get better sponsor-offers as you get better placements in your league, is great fun. It's these little things that FM might have missed for a a couple of years.

I remember when I was a kid I had a manager-game with 3D stadions that you could expand and upgrade, you could pick sponsors and set merchandise prices. It was actually the best manager game I've ever played (No not seriously... FM and that are two different categories). I think it was called Ultimate Soccer Manager 2! I need to get that again! Even has a 3D match engine... SI could learn from this game!

I suggested something similar ages ago (it's probably in the depths of the wishlist)

As home kits are often sacred, I thought that you/the board could suggest away kit changes and similar to feeder clubs and they'd come back with three or four designs you could choose from or say no to. As a result you'd get more cash from kit sales, but if you changed it too regularly the fans could complain, loose faith in the board/manager and sales would drop.

This way we'd get around the hassle of having a kit maker 'in game' and it would be as realistic as possible. Managers have little to no say over kits IRL but it's something FM does need and currently as a manager in game we have control over things managers don't IRL to make the game more fun, I agree this is something else that would just add to the game :)

I suggested something similar ages ago (it's probably in the depths of the wishlist)

As home kits are often sacred, I thought that you/the board could suggest away kit changes and similar to feeder clubs and they'd come back with three or four designs you could choose from or say no to. As a result you'd get more cash from kit sales, but if you changed it too regularly the fans could complain, loose faith in the board/manager and sales would drop.

This way we'd get around the hassle of having a kit maker 'in game' and it would be as realistic as possible. Managers have little to no say over kits IRL but it's something FM does need and currently as a manager in game we have control over things managers don't IRL to make the game more fun, I agree this is something else that would just add to the game :)

Exactly :)

I can't see what harm it would do and it doesn't matter that it's not exactly a managers job, it would be a fun feature for the end of every season or every two seasons depending on your preference.

It's awesome... Kluivert was THE bomber! :)

Lol, I hear the franchise got scrapped due to impatience with the developers or something which is obviously why I've not heard of it, that's a shame, maybe I'll have a look for it somewhere and give it a try. I'm sure i can manage with the 98' transfers :D

Lol, I hear the franchise got scrapped due to impatience with the developers or something which is obviously why I've not heard of it, that's a shame, maybe I'll have a look for it somewhere and give it a try. I'm sure i can manage with the 98' transfers :D

Yeah. IIRC it was Sierra who was behind it, and also Sierra who dumped it. Who knows, maybe that would have been the most ultimate manager game if Sierra had just showed some faith... Stupid Sierra.

Oh well off topic :D I just get like a little kid when I think about that game.

Uhm Kits... yeah. Added for those who can be bothered, ignored for those who can't.

Archived