Women's football

Suge

Is it time to include it in FM? As it stands, this is becoming more and more popular and many of the top teams in the world have a women's side. They even show the female FA Cup final and some England games on terrestrial TV over here.

Personally, I don't know how it can be implemented but could add interesting depth to the game. Maybe you could view your women's team underneath the U-18s and choose to take control in manager options?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the manager of the actual team has nothing to do with the women's side in real life. There's no/very little market for this amongst male football fans/football manager players.

While we're there, why don't we add hockey into the game ... oh wait ...

well eff me! womens football incorportaed into the worlds biggest selling manager title....what a way to ruin the game.

mr.moderator please close this thread before people start making up wierd excuses of why this is a good idea. blimey. i know about free speach and all but this sort of pish should be kept to a whisper in a shadowy cornor.

no interest in it whatsoever. i've even tried to think of something witty and cutting to say here, but i can't even work up the passion to do that about woman's football, such is my utter lack of interest. i can honestly say i'd be more interested in watching cricket than woman's football, never mind investing hours into a management sim, and i'm allergic to cricket (Scottish).

I feel this would be a good idea. It would be a good challenge. But now you'll all bite my head off. I'm waiting for the replies.

consider your head bitten off pal. what a w@nk idea. i'm sorry but it is so ridiculous to even suggest SI and its researchers should waste thier time putting in a whole new side to the game that would be hardly used after the novelty wore off. PLEASE SOMEBODY BACK ME UP HERE.:mad:

no interest in it whatsoever. i've even tried to think of something witty and cutting to say here, but i can't even work up the passion to do that about woman's football, such is my utter lack of interest. i can honestly say i'd be more interested in watching cricket than woman's football, never mind investing hours into a management sim, and i'm allergic to cricket (Scottish).

arh proof the male-species also comes in "intellegent".

well with a little luck another 70 years adding to my existing 22 :p

well double that, add another 100 and your average person might actually know womens football exists.

I don’t see this happening due to the female game not being that large, although it is starting to get recognised with a lot of teams having a female team or now building a team and of course most countries I believe have a female international team.

Right now I cant see how it could be implemented for a player to play as a team with many leagues, but it could be something that SI could incorporate in the terms of being able to view the females team stats on players, season statistics etc which could reflect on the overall clubs finances and status.

It could be used to highlight good years for certain teams, for instance Man Utd win the premier league, with the news press it could talk about gender success with the women’s team also winning the league and the FA cup to illustrate the success of Man Utd as a club and growing stature into the women’s league not just the male.

Who cares? If you don't want to play it then don't. I would consider giving it a try and I'm sure their are people out there who would play it. You could talk about some of the more obscure leagues in the game that would probably have less people interested in and bring in less new buyers than womens football would.

I wonder what the women that play this game would say!

I bet just as much as the ones that one to play in the lowest leagues as possible (in any country) and equally as much as the ones that want to try their luck at the most unusual leagues available!

'Respect!'

Who cares? If you don't want to play it then don't. I would consider giving it a try and I'm sure their are people out there who would play it. You could talk about some of the more obscure leagues in the game that would probably have less people interested in and bring in less new buyers than womens football would.

you back having womens football on FM and you worship Hargreaves....see how they are linked.

Womens football are nothing but a formality. Football Manager exists because football is a success. Mens football that is. There's no money, public or media towards womens football, besides the formality stuff. Like answering "No you don't look fat in those pants" womens football are met with "Yes you can also play football. Here's a ball and a locker room that smells like lavender"... Like there is no "Curling Manager", there is no "Womens Football Manager". Cus people doesn't give a rats assistant about it.

And no that's not chauvinism (<- who in the world invented that word... Couldn't it have called something like "Bleh" or "Tatty" so you don't dislocate your tounge and break 3 ribs when saying it?). I'm not a chauvinist, It's called being a realist.

Edit: I forgot to express that I think it's a bad idea... For those who didn't pick up on that.

^lol, I knew this would have everyone up in arms. I know that this will probably never be included in an FM game, I was just passing time waiting for the 09 announcement.

This is one of the most amusing boards i've ever posted on.

Is it time to include it in FM? As it stands, this is becoming more and more popular and many of the top teams in the world have a women's side. They even show the female FA Cup final and some England games on terrestrial TV over here.

So why do Women's Premier League games attract crowds of a couple of hundred then?

It's going to need a big boost in popularity before it even gets considered.

Unless you've seen women's football at close hand, then some of you are probably making an uneducated assumption at the level of quality there is out there. There are some excellent sides and players around, both in England and abroad.

From a personal perspective I find the way ladies football operates very interesting. There are various degrees of financial support from a lot to little or none and that puts an interesting twist on the way the game develops, but many of the clubs and players are just as committed as their male counterparts.

There is of course still a lot of room for improvement within the women's game, but there's no reason why they can't continue to make rapid strides forward.

Unless you've seen women's football at close hand, then some of you are probably making an uneducated assumption at the level of quality there is out there. There are some excellent sides and players around, both in England and abroad.

From a personal perspective I find the way ladies football operates very interesting. There are various degrees of financial support from a lot to little or none and that puts an interesting twist on the way the game develops, but many of the clubs and players are just as committed as their male counterparts.

There is of course still a lot of room for improvement within the women's game, but there's no reason why they can't continue to make rapid strides forward.

you may well work for SI or whatever, but your still crazy...:thup:

Personally, I don't know how it can be implemented but could add interesting depth to the game. Maybe you could view your women's team underneath the U-18s and choose to take control in manager options?

That's why you have the lower leagues. They play like girls...in some cases they wish they were good as the girls.

As far as FM is concerned I don't ever see it because this is how the fans react. I don't really see what the big problem is, it's all just football in the end, I suppose it would be interesting for a little while, but I don't bother to manage the under 18s or reserves so I'd be apathetic towards this eventually too.

Archived