Young players wont move clubs, just sign 8 new contracts

Have you had this problem?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had this problem?

• I have had this problem
    • I have never had this problem

I'm here wondering if anyone else has had the problem where when trying to buy a young player at say 17 years old and once you've offered him a new contract he just signs a new one with his current club. I try again to sign him, but once I've offered a contract he just signs another new deal with his team. What the hell!

if he has already agreed a pre-contract he will never sign a contract with you. wait until he signs a profesional contract with his club then make a bid for him and offer a contract that way.

he can actually agree to move to you AFTER he signs the full-time contract with his current club.. if that makes sense... its happened a couple of times. happened with a certain south american amc. he'd agreed a pre-contract with his club, but then also accepted my contract. got slightly confusing when i got a message saying he'd put pen to paper on a new contract with his current club, but the future transfer was still there...

he can actually agree to move to you AFTER he signs the full-time contract with his current club.. if that makes sense... its happened a couple of times. happened with a certain south american amc. he'd agreed a pre-contract with his club, but then also accepted my contract. got slightly confusing when i got a message saying he'd put pen to paper on a new contract with his current club, but the future transfer was still there...

i have never heard of this happening before. to even test it myself before i made an offer of the max wages i could with key player status as liverpool still he rejected me to stay with pre-contract agreement.

not saying it never happend but ive just never seen or heard of this before. to my knowlage as soon as he signs a pre-contract the only way to get him is wait until he has signed a profesional contract and make an offcial offer but as i said i could be wrong

Erm, no, it still does not make sense. Your point was a totally other one I think.

Every time we approch a young player which a club wants to keep, that club offers a new contract to him. As if just rejecting our offer and sticking to his older contract was no option. That's indeed :thdn:

if he has already agreed a pre-contract he will never sign a contract with you. wait until he signs a profesional contract with his club then make a bid for him and offer a contract that way.

Then it's a bug because you shouldn't be able to approach them at all.

I reflected this in FM 2007. If you find a 16 year old who already agreed a pre-contract (they have no Approach option in their profile), you can put in a mega bid and the club will accept. When you offer him a contract, even if you give him Key Player status with maximum wages (120,000) and a huge bonus, he will still "sign a new contract" with his current club. Most obvious bug there is.

My issue is that they lay their demands on a plate to me once I've agreed terms with their club and as I offere them what they want they just renew their contract with their current club. Surely it would make more sense if a sign would come up like the one when you try to by young Brazilian players that he has a pre contract so you may not negotiate with this player until they've signed that contract with their club.

I signed players from France who had agreed to sign a pre-contract with their clubs. The club accepted a bid and the player accepted the contract offered. I had it go the other way as well where it is impossible to sign them no matter what you offer.

I've noticed this most with players at amateur clubs. For example, a player at that Scottish club that's all-amateur, or a South Korean playing for a "High School" team, etc.

In that case, the player's refusal to sign with you is reflected as him "signing a new contract" with the amateur team.

Archived