Just a Small Match Idea

you mean like on the tactics screen a dot representing the players postion a bar towards the goal representing the flight path of the ball?

i dont see what this would add to the game tbh

I think he means other matches in the league you are playing...

But I might be wrong aswell :)... But yeah, I'd think that would be a neat little add to the game.

i think i see what was meant now. but the only way this would be usefull would be the option of having the ability to turn it off. because it could quickly become annoying. also the ability to set which matches you want goal updates from would be useful.

spot on.. no real need to know someone in match involving bottom two have scored when youre challenging for the title... wouldnt mind updates on teams around where my own is.. and an update on Liverpool, of course, if im not managing them! :thup:

If you mean like goal flashes for other games it could be a good idea. However you should have to select the games you want updates from otherwise it would be a stupid,annoying and time consuming feature. For example if i am top of the table and the second place team needs to win to stay in contention i would want updates from that game, but not from a mid-table game. See what i mean?

spot on.. no real need to know someone in match involving bottom two have scored when youre challenging for the title... wouldnt mind updates on teams around where my own is.. and an update on Liverpool, of course, if im not managing them! :thup:

ofc i think the liverpool updates should be compulsory imo :D

My laptop is evidently lacking in processing power because the "Latest scores" don't usually update at all during my match so I would imagine that would be a pre-requisite of anything like this.

Like cam.ncfc says though, there is already a goal updates view as well as latest scores (assuming it updates) and live league table - that is more than enough options.

I'd love it if this showed up in commentary, actually, the way that it would IRL .. maybe not so much during a mid-season match, but very much so when we're playing last-day deciders, the final matches of group play, or other situations where a team's life is on the line.

For example:

- At Mistwood Park, Joe Smith has scored to give Mistwood a 2-1 lead over FC Riverside.

- That means Puddlemere United can no longer escape relegation with a draw.

- They have just twenty minutes to find a goal!

or similar, for European spots, World Cup groups, C.L. groups, etc.

I'd love it if this showed up in commentary, actually, the way that it would IRL .. maybe not so much during a mid-season match, but very much so when we're playing last-day deciders, the final matches of group play, or other situations where a team's life is on the line.

For example:

or similar, for European spots, World Cup groups, C.L. groups, etc.

surely then that would keep interupting your matchday commentary in YOUR game (the one that mostly matters)...

"...PENALTY...and Robinho places the ball on the spot...He steps back...XXXX runs up and......AT SELHURST PARK JOE BLOG HAS BEEN SENT OFF........anyway where was I....oh yeah well he scored it anyway."

Not if it were done right. From looking at the commentary files, its pretty clear that some events are linked to other events.

I don't think it would be too hard for SI to place the cue for the "score update" commentary to a non-threatening dead-ball situation. In other words, as the teams are lining up for a kickoff, so .. after the penalty is resolved, after its done describing the crowd reaction, showing you the replay, etc. Or maybe when the ball is out for a goal kick, or a throw-in from your own half, or a non-yellow-card/warning free-kick from your own half.

In that scenario, the commentary would trigger at the first "non-threatening" dead-ball situation to occur following the event .. rather than, as you were imagining, "live" immediately when the event happens.

Just a small addition to the match engine screen...when another goal is scored by another team a small thin bar somewhere on the screen just show when and where...could make it just a little more interesting and dramatic

quite like that idea, bringing gillette soccer saturday to FM

Archived