The Official FM08 Most Recent Result Thread

Fed up of everyone boasting about beating Chelsea 5-0 with Derby? Or moaning about losing to Stockport in the FA Cup? Well, this thread is where you put you most recent result, and maybe go into details about the match itself.

This way, we get people talking about ordinary matches, and not just flukes!

I am now losing 2-1, no now 3-1 to spurs with man city in 2010. Terrible!

Now full time.

Spurs went 2-0 up through Mario Balotelli (27, 66) then verdran corluka gave me some hope in the 69th minute, but berbatov went and got rid of it in the 74th.

Stupid Berbatov.

Stupid Tottenham.

Who am I managing? : Man. United

When? : April 2011

Last opponents? : Juventus

The occasion? : Champions League Quarter-final, second leg

The venue : Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

The match.. : The first leg at Old Trafford had been cagey. We managed to scrape a 1-0 win. Within ten minutes, Juventus were ahead through Ricardo Montolivo. I was extremely frustrated that we'd gone behind so quickly. However, I hadn't banked on the Tevez goal that followed. 2-1 up on aggregate. Then, three minutes into first half injury time, Tevez fires in his second. 2-1 on the night, 3-1 on aggregate. Then, fury. FIVE MINUTES into first half injury time, David Trezeguet scores. Still 3-2 up on aggregate and with an away goal advantage, but I raged at them during the break. In the second half, we controlled the game. They withdrew the disappointing Fernando Torres, but it didn't help. Firstly, Tevez completed his hat-trick. 3-2 on the night, 4-2 on aggregate. But we weren't finished. Five minutes from the end, substitute Javier Saviola scores a bizarre long-range goal that he didn't mean.

Final score : Juventus 2-4 Manchester United (agg 2-5)

I was rather pleased. Now bring on Real Madrid!

Who am I managing? : Hertha BSC

When? : Just started a new game yesterday so it's only September 07.

Last opponents? : VFB Stuttgart

The occasion? : League Match

The venue : Olympic Stadium, Berlin

The match.. : My first real test as a manager with Hertha and test for my players against last seasons champions and 2nd favourites for the Bundesliga this season. In true defensive stylings (because most of my players are pap) we had 24 shots against us and only 6 for us, but somehow Hertha striker Rafael managed to score 2 of those shots and Drobny managed to save everything coming his way. My thoughts are.... it was a total fluke and with FC Bayern and Werder coming up in the next two games, the players are set for a short sharp bump back down to earth.

Final score : Hertha BSC 2-0 VFB Stuttgart

Who am I managing? : Charlton Athletic

When? : January 08

Last opponents? : Birmingham City

The venue : The Valley, London

The match.. : Rubbish, hardly any chances, hardly anything happened and two points dropped to a team (16th) who were four places below me. Justin Hoyte has just come in on loan though and had a good league debut. That's about it though. I need a striker damn it and worse is I've got a cup reply with Villa now. I HATE CUP REPLAYS.

Final score : Charlton Athletic 0-0 Birminham City

Who am I managing? : Stranear (Scottish 3rd Div)

When? : August 07 (Ditto Nomis)

Last opponents? : Elgin

The venue : Stair Park

The match.. : My very first match as a manager of this pretty much terrible team. Its like watching paint dry so I was reading the forum throughout instead. Anyways, we're terrible- they're terrible. Match odds for them winning were 4-1....and what do you know.

Final score : Stranaer 0 - 1 Elgin:mad:

Who am I managing? : FC Istres Ouest Provence

When? : March 2015

Last opponents? : Martigues

The occasion? : Ligue 2 Orange Match

The venue : Stade Parsemain, Fos-Sur-Mer (HOME)

The match.. : A vital match as I was second in the table at this point and they were 4th with not much of the season left to play. And it was a local derby. Our recent form had been sketchy, so I wasn't too confident. We were helped early on when they suffered an injury to a central defender and had a striker sent off for elbowing my centre back Malik Courturier. We began to dominate the game, but failed to take our chances. I had two strikers on who hadn't scored for ages and it was looking like two points dropped. But then, in the 87th minute, former Moroccan international (under me!!) Mounir Diane got a cross in from the right. It missed striker Issa Kanoute, but my ageing winger Fabrice Fernandes (who was retiring at the end of the season) headed past the keeper to send the home fans and me into raptures. We're looking good for promotion now with 6 games to go. Look out for the end of season report coming soon in The Career Thread.

Final score : Istres 1-0 Martigues

Who am I managing? : England

When? : June 2037

Last opponents? : Argentina

The occasion? : Confederations Cup Group game

The venue : ABSA Stadium, Durban

The match.. : Argentina were first in the World Rankings and England were second. Had a terrible start conceding 3 after 24 minutes and losing my two strikers to injury. Pulled a goal back on 34 mins through Graham Carr, a left-winger from Barnsley, then they scored an own goal on 39 mins. The equaliser came after 62 mins from 23 year-old Everton forward David Marney. We took the lead 6 minutes later through Barnsley forward Matthew Shields. Shields made it 5-3 after 77 mins. Carr scored again on 82 mins and Shields got his 3rd after 87 mins.

Final score : Argentina 3-7 England

Who am I managing? : England

When? : June 2037

Last opponents? : Argentina

The occasion? : Confederations Cup Group game

The venue : ABSA Stadium, Durban

The match.. : Argentina were first in the World Rankings and England were second. Had a terrible start conceding 3 after 24 minutes and losing my two strikers to injury. Pulled a goal back on 34 mins through Graham Carr, a left-winger from Barnsley, then they scored an own goal on 39 mins. The equaliser came after 62 mins from 23 year-old Everton forward David Marney. We took the lead 6 minutes later through Barnsley forward Matthew Shields. Shields made it 5-3 after 77 mins. Carr scored again on 82 mins and Shields got his 3rd after 87 mins.

Final score : Argentina 3-7 England

Not trying to hijack the thread at all but 2 Barnsley players in the England squad is great to see although it wont ever happen, never mind them both scoring in the same match against Argentina :)

P.s I support Barnsley so im allowed to be-little them ;)

Who am I managing? : Sabadell (Spain)

When? : August 2009

Last opponents? : Feyenoord Reserves

The occasion? : Preseason Friendly

The venue : La Nova Creu Alta, Sabadell, Spain (best...stadium...name...ever. Just say it.)

The match.. : A bunch of reckless kids on my team are getting a workout with the old geezers of Feyenoord Reserves. Feyenoord invited themselves to my stadium and I accepted. Figured I could fit in another friendly before heading for coffee downtown with my 8 Assistant Managers (dorks, ffs, followin' me to the panaderia).

Final score : Sabadell 5-2 Feyenoord Res.

My Goals by: Marcel Roman, San Jose Mikel (awesome regen name), Antonio Pierguidi, Heracio Peralta, Drissa Diarra.

Debut: Pierguidi was on trial at the club for this game. I put him on after the interval even though he's just recovering at Sabadell from a long knee injury he earned elsewhere. Banged one in in the 46th minute, so I signed him during the game!

You wanted 'normal games'. Well there's as normal as you get. Nothing too dramatic, but a satisfying pre-season workout. And it didn't even interfere with my theater plans in Barcelona this evening. Good work lads.

Who am I managing?: Arsenal (Barclays Premier League)

When?: 10 January 2009

Last opponents?: Aston Villa

The occasion?: Just a normal league match.

Venue?: The Emirates Stadium, London.

The match: Dominated the first half really, the only chance Villa got was a header from Moore that Fabianski saved well. Van Persie opened the scoring with a good shot after Adebayor spotted him.

Second half, Villa went for a lie down, and Van Persie scored his second with a free kick. They did respond better after that, but my defense was too good.

Final Score: 2-0 to The Gunners.

Who am I managing? : Portsmouth FC

When? : December 2008

Last opponents? : Hull City

The venue : Fratton Park, Portsmouth

The match.. : Unbeaten in ages, i fully expected my team to beat Hull, who were 18th. 7 minutes in, Christian Panucci is sent off. I was playing a 3-5-2 with no defensive substitutes, so i played the next 20 minutes as 2-5-2. Papa Bouba Diop filled in as DC. Jermain Defoe scored for Hull on 45 minutes. Samir Nasri levelled on 70 minutes.

Squad : James, Babayaro, Campbell, Panucci, Modric, Nasri, Muntari, Diop, Utaka, Bojan, Saivet - Bench: Kranjcar, Pizarro, Sears, van der Vaart, Mascherano.

Final score : Portsmouth FC 1-1 Hull

Who am I managing?: Bradford City

When?: August 2007

Last opponents?: Chesterfield

The occasion?: League 2.

Venue?: Valley Parade.

The match: Took a quick lead through Dong Fangzuo on loan from Manchester United after a defensive mix up. Dong added his second ten minutes later smashing home after a pass from Lee Bullock. Chesterfield pull one back before half time after sloppy defending but Dong seals his hat trick with ten minutes left to seal a 3-1 win for Bradford.

Final Score: Bradford City 3-1 Chesterfield.

Archived