I know it's a bit early......

....to talk about the 2nd FM2009 patch but please would the people responsible for the transfer update make any changes between the August transfer deadline and the end of the January window as FUTURE TRANSFERS and not as someone signed in January as being with the club all season

Please

Please

Pretty Please

It's always annoyed me

I wouldn't like that. It would be unrealistic to have so many future transfers in the game. Plus, I think SI like to make sure that the game always starts with fully up-to-date squads.

I understand your point, though.

Just realised you may be managing a team and have to sign players you don't want

The other option is NO updated transfers - I would actually prefer that

You could still patch the game but not use the updated database then there won't be updated transfers.

You are so right!....It is early to be talking about some 2nd patch for this game, which I don't even know it ain't out yet. A decent solution would be for two patches to be released at the same time, one with new transfers, one without, however I highly doubt that'll happen.

You are so right!....It is early to be talking about some 2nd patch for this game, which I don't even know it ain't out yet. A decent solution would be for two patches to be released at the same time, one with new transfers, one without, however I highly doubt that'll happen.

That is exactly the way it does happen I think. There is usually a patch with data update and a patch without data update. When you start a new game you are even asked which database to use, so you could use the original database even with the new patch.

That is exactly the way it does happen I think. There is usually a patch with data update and a patch without data update. When you start a new game you are even asked which database to use, so you could use the original database even with the new patch.

As I said above you can patch the game without using the updated database. just because you patched the game does not mean you can't use the original database.

As I said above you can patch the game without using the updated database. just because you patched the game does not mean you can't use the original database.

I totally forgot about this! Yeah, if you don't want the new transfers, just use the original database.

There wasn't a patch only in Feb this year IIRC

I don't understand that sentence. But I also don't understand why you still have an issue. When you get the new patch, just play with the original database. You'll get all the benefits of the patch, but without the January transfers.

I don't understand that sentence. But I also don't understand why you still have an issue. When you get the new patch, just play with the original database. You'll get all the benefits of the patch, but without the January transfers.

Not entirely sure either but I think he's refering to the fact that there was 2 versions of the 8.0.2 patch released.

I meant that there was only one patch (with update) in Feb

Can't play with original DB after the patch because my DB is VERY heavily edited - 2000+ new players and 4 clubs

You could use the patch and still use your edited database, though.

yes - if there is a patch without the updated database - that's my point - there wasn't one in February

Aaaaghhh! It doesn't matter if the patch carries the new database. Just don't select that database when you start a new game. Select your edited one. You'll still get all the patched goodness. Just without the transfers.

You can use an database after you have patched up including 8.0.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2 or any other custom or edited database you may have. If you don't use the 8.0.2 database then the updated January transfers will not be in the game.

One thing that does annoy me slightly is that with that patch, previous data issues will have been fixed, however you can only use those if you also have the january transfers in there, which i don't want

Didn't we just establish that you can in fact do exactly that? Or what data-issues are you talking about?

Archived