Transfer Deadline Day

I did put this in another thread but thought afterwards that it didn't have much to do with the original subject

I don't understand why clubs wait for transfer deadline day to complete the big moves

I mean United have been chasing Berbatov for over a year why didn't they sign him in early summer?

Now this is bad news for Spurs who knew he would be going but have paid his wages for an extra 3 months and given them less time to find a replacement (although they did get Fraizer Campbell for a year and the Russian dude who will take time to adjust)

Bad news for United as he has had no pre-season with them, played hardly any games so is a bit rusty and worst of all missed the first 4 games of the season

As a Man U fan I still don't rate Berbatov - he may change my mind though

BTW - it makes a change to land someone big having missed out on Torres last year and may others before that

As a Man U fan I still don't rate Berbatov

That seems a strange statement, as if being a Man Utd fan is a prerequisite to not rating Berbatove :D

It shouldn't be in off topic forum either though, there was a football forum and all the footy stuf fin OTF was moved into it a while back.

Not really - it affects the way you play the game surely?

I sign a player as soon as I can and not wait until deadline day

I wasn't trying to be a smartass or anything. It's just... nothing in your original post seems to be about Football Manager.

I think deadline day should have more of an impact in the game and instead of another club bidding for a player you have on your shortlist only a day after you have had a bid rejected, we should be urged to bid at the last minute when a bidding war erupts for players on our shortlist.

Archived