Now the transfer window has closed

Now the transfer window has closed i was wondering what teams people are most looking forward to managing in FM09.

I know im really looking forward to managing Aston Villa, they have signed some good players have young stars and are looking to push into the top 4. with a decent transfer budget this looks like a possibility.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to manage Man. City! Just kidding...

In all honesty, I'm undecided between a number of clubs. And the transfer window hasn't really influenced me all that much. Despite all the hype, I don't think it was that great a transfer window. Even City only made the one big signing really. Tottenham probably made the most interesting signings overall.

West Ham, just to get a feel of the new title. Then I'll reluctantly move down to Dagenham and Redbridge before finishing that game and finding myself in limbo unable to enjoy the game any further. I'll decide to give myself a French name and manage in the lower leagues of France before quitting after half a season or less. Then I'd do the same for Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Wales, Ireland, Scotland and Germany. Eventually around March time I'll be back at West Ham, only managing 5 games before starting again, this time perhaps as Trevor Brooking or Paolo Di Canio.

It's what will happen. Unless this version has the skills module that FML has. Then perhaps it might be possible to commit to a game. One thing I'm hoping for is the ability to manage West Ham U18's or the reserve side. I'd love that.

I'd prefer it if, for once, the state of club's squads would reflect the reality of when I actually take over as manager (i.e. mid June or whatever date it is you start in England), but I guess that is too much to ask :(

As it is, I'll manage whichever club takes my fancy as I always do and taking very little heed of the transfer window, esp. since I certainly won't be managing one of the loathesome big clubs in England!

either Arsenal or Man U, to get a feel for it, then Barca, then Fulham when i know all the good buys, etc

the problem with man city is that the game will be far too easy with them if SI give them the budget the Sheikh has talked about, ie 200mil, or it will be unrealistic because they're given a smaller budget in the game than irl. it's a headache

Archived