The Randomly Good/Randomly Bad Players Thread

It's bizarre (well actually it's not that bizarre because the game sets itself up with a certain amount of randomness) how some players can be good in one save and then totally crap in another. My team is Charlton and I've tried a few Charlton games (some cheaty and some not so when I get guilty) and it's always weird to see a player that was a God for me in one save become an absolute reverse of that in another.

In one save I had Andy Gray couldn't buy a goal in the Championship yet in my most recent one he banged in 24. Jose Semedo is another who was fifth choice centre back in one to first choice in another. Also the randomness of Danny Haynes is getting on my nerves. When I don't sign him or forget about him he is awesome, but when I look at him or try to get him (and the one time I bought him) he was God awful.

I remember a few years back having a similar problem with Frannie Jeffers. Anyone else got any randomly good/randomly bad gems to share?

Yeah, it's just football I suppose. It's becoming old but look at Sheva, couldn't stop scoring at Milan, £30m later and a new diet of fish & chips and he's magically transformed into the worst transfer the premier league has even seen. No one can really explain why or how the transformation takes place but it's what makes football great.

Part of it is the -6, -7 etc PAs I guess - at Forest, there's a crop of youth who either end up first team squad members in the Prem, or end up signing for League 2 teams depending on the save.

Archived