Too many players!

Just got the Spain job in Aug 2012. I had a look at their national pool and it is huge, full of quality players and a few players i've never even heard of.

Just want to know what you tend to do when you first get a big International job. How do you establish the "needed" players from the not needed. Do you delete most players from the national pool, leaving it with just the quality players that will be in and around your squad, or do you keep your options open, leaving hundreds of players to choose from.

Also, any other tips you have about International management would be great!

Thanks in advance, AM.

I delete everyone from the pool, then search for players of that nationality under 30. Filter those by position and pick the two top priced ones at each position for the squad and pool. Then add the top 20 U-21 capped and the top 20 Int capped players to the pool.

That should give you a reasonable start of experience and youth, plus top players tend to be worth a lot (recent transfers notwithstanding).

You can then just add a couple of players as you get injuries and average play from certain positions.

VB

I delete everyone from the pool, then search for players of that nationality under 30. Filter those by position and pick the two top priced ones at each position for the squad and pool. Then add the top 20 U-21 capped and the top 20 Int capped players to the pool.

That should give you a reasonable start of experience and youth, plus top players tend to be worth a lot (recent transfers notwithstanding).

You can then just add a couple of players as you get injuries and average play from certain positions.

VB

Thanks mate, i might try something aloong those lines.

I find a lot of the pre-chosen U-19 and U-21 players are rubbish - that is they are good for their age, but will never make it to the first team. It's good to take over these teams and manage them as well, as otherwise your Assistant is choosing players who aren't going to make the step up.

I tend to clear the youth teams, and then add youngsters playing in their club's first team or who are playing well at good quality loan clubs.

I also find price isn't the best indicator of youth team talent. A good youngster at a lower division club will cost less than a crap youngster at a higher level one. Some terrible youngsters can be a couple of million.

But ideally club form is a great indicator. It's why in my most recent save I cleared Dyer from the pre-selected England Squad and replaced him with Leon Osman who was going great guns.

I remove everyone from the squad, but leave the pool untouched. Generally I just use the Player search filtered to the nation to choose who I want in my squad so I only use the national pool if I need to call up a replacement player who I know isn't going to even get on the bench anyway so I don't really care who it is!

I do exactly what glamdring, execpt i never use the national pool for anything.

You need to click on Ask Assistance Advice, he'll let you know a pretty good starting 11 along with some good promosing youngsters.

That's what i've done with the San Marino job, then filled in the rest of the spaces in the squad based on Condition or Form

You need to click on Ask Assistance Advice, he'll let you know a pretty good starting 11 along with some good promosing youngsters.

That's what i've done with the San Marino job, then filled in the rest of the spaces in the squad based on Condition or Form

san marino have promosing players?

san marino have promosing players?

Lol, not to start with, i'm in 2013, the San Marino Club side have been promoted to Serie B, and along with that their Youth and Training facilities have been imporoved so now they have better regens than ever before, and further more their players are qualifing to play for the National team once they have played at San Marino for 5 years.

pick the two top priced ones at each position for the squad and pool

VB

Seriously ? you do that, im sure i dont need to tell you or anyone that players are over-priced and just because they are the most over-priced certainly does not mean there the best? Im not sure how many international trophys you have one so i cant judge, but using players that you beileve to be the best is really and surely the only way that you can play fm? or maybe im just being wierd .. :( lol anyway you do it is cool its your game .. but that shocked me .

Archived