Younger footballers? Below 14

Anyone noticed that in FM that there are no players that are younger than 14? What if we could sign like 10 years olds or like under 10's and train them up? I know it would be like twice the size of the player database now but maybe for future versions it could be possible?

I can see players under 14 being added once SI think that PC's could cope with the large database but i doubt they would be real players as i doubt the families would want their children to have such media attention ad things like that at such a young age but i could be wrong.

As for womens football it would be pretty pointless at the moment because its not that big. Once it becomes bigger it may become a game of its own but it would all depend on the demand for the game and i have to admit i wouldn't buy it myself.

Am I right in guessing this is an idea plucked from Fifa Manager? I have to admit, I did enjoy managing kids and watching them evolve into the next Gerrard on that game. I think it would work on FM and maybe it's one for the future?

As for womens football it would be pretty pointless at the moment because its not that big. Once it becomes bigger it may become a game of its own but it would all depend on the demand for the game and i have to admit i wouldn't buy it myself.

I would love to manage Marta, Cristiane, Daniela Alves and all other Brazilian stars, I would also love to manage Hope Solo. :)

I would love to manage Marta, Cristiane, Daniela Alves and all other Brazilian stars, I would also love to manage Hope Solo. :)

I saw Brazil in the Olympics on TV and Cristiane and Marta were brilliant. I was surprised they did not beat USA in the final.

I saw Brazil in the Olympics on TV and Cristiane and Marta were brilliant. I was surprised they did not beat USA in the final.

So were we, but for some reason they always lose in the final (which is still better than our mean who can't even reach the finals).

Yeah isn't the Men's Olympic football tournament the one tournament that Brazil have not won?

It's indeed the only tournament we have never won, which is a shame as here it is regarded as the 2nd most important tournament (only the World Cup is more important than the Olympics). :(

it's indeed the only tournament we have never won, which is a shame as here it is regarded as the 2nd most important tournament (only the world cup is more important than the olympics).

:( :( :( sad

i wish Australia was the same ;)

It'e been mentioned before and I just don't think it would work. At 10 years old, with attributes out of 20 nearly everything would be either 1 or 2, how on earth would we be able to sign a 10 year old if their attributes were assigned correctly, we would have no idea how good they were. Training them up is all well and good, but each one would need to be assigned a PA and i'd hate to be the researcher put in charge of assigning 10 year olds with PA's.

In the last thread about this I said two words that basically sum up why they shouldn't be in the game; Sonny Pike.

It'e been mentioned before and I just don't think it would work. At 10 years old, with attributes out of 20 nearly everything would be either 1 or 2, how on earth would we be able to sign a 10 year old if their attributes were assigned correctly, we would have no idea how good they were. Training them up is all well and good, but each one would need to be assigned a PA and i'd hate to be the researcher put in charge of assigning 10 year olds with PA's.

In the last thread about this I said two words that basically sum up why they shouldn't be in the game; Sonny Pike.

Players under 14 should all be regens and their attributes should be hidden by FOW until they turn 15 when you wouls have a decent idea of their ability IRL anyway

i don't think you should have the number of under 14's the OP's talking about, but it would be nice to have a few, eg bojan had been at barca for ages, and had been considered a prospect for a long time. iirc iniesta was at barca from an early age as well. it wouldn't hurt to chuck a few in, providing people come up with examples other than barca players!

i don't think you should have the number of under 14's the OP's talking about, but it would be nice to have a few, eg bojan had been at barca for ages, and had been considered a prospect for a long time. iirc iniesta was at barca from an early age as well. it wouldn't hurt to chuck a few in, providing people come up with examples other than barca players!

The Man U golden youth team of a few years ago - they were all at the club at about 10

It's indeed the only tournament we have never won, which is a shame as here it is regarded as the 2nd most important tournament (only the World Cup is more important than the Olympics). :(

Wow!

When did you win the Euro Championships!!

Must have missed that one!

;)

I think this is unnecessary. It's only worth doing if done properly, so that would mean modelling youth football down to U11 in some way. Given 95% of those players wouldn't make it into professional football, it's a lot of processing power for little gain.

For real players in the database, 14 is fine as a youngest age (in theory a younger player could be added).

I would like to see players below the U18 side, but only if it's across the board and adds depth to the game. So an U16 side that feeds your U18s, where you are involved in setting priorities for the development, involved in defining the nature of your academy, that would be good.

If there was ever the processing power to allow modelling of full academy/centre of excellence systems I would be happy to see it, but it's interest a minority of the fans and be a lot of work.

No it isn't.

They have never won the CONCACAF Gold Cup either.

No it isn't.

They have never won the CONCACAF Gold Cup either.

We only played it as an invitee so it doesn't count and it's not a competition we are supposed to play anyway.

That's a rather strange coincidence... does she play right back?

She is a defensive midfielder.

We only played it as an invitee so it doesn't count and it's not a competition we are supposed to play anyway.

Of curse it counts.

When a team has entered a competition they have a chance to win it.

Brazil have been in the CONCACAF Gold Cup several times and have yet to win it.

With respect I'm intrigued to know why the greatest football nation on earth would place amatuer olympic dross above the great Copa America?

I am massively biased of course but the olympics have never treated football with the respect it deserves. The ref in the Brazil vs Argentina match almost made me vomit with anger....FACT!

I'd like to see an overview of players at this age (ie a U12, U13, U14, etc.), similar to the assistant manager team reports with the stars indicating potential. No need to go into further detail or give the manager control over their development, but it still would be nice to know that a potential "once in a generation" talent is at your club from a young age. Maybe let you set a youth recruitment budget and your academy will try and bring in other "pre-regen" players.

Players under 14 should all be regens and their attributes should be hidden by FOW until they turn 15 when you wouls have a decent idea of their ability IRL anyway

Or perhaps "15 or 140CA" or the like...

After all, at 15 years of age, Cesc Fabregas was whipped off to Arsenal, hailed as the next worldwide superstar. A year prior to this him and Messi were obviously regarded as outstanding footballers, the cream of Barcelona's youth system. They wouldn't have gone from "Just another kid" to "Wow. Worldbeaters here!" in a few weeks...

Players of this age come under the umbrella of the "youth academy" - they would be a totally unnecessary addition.

Why? Barca have at least 9 youth teams, and a huge academy, all we get in the game is a large youth team. I wouldn't want to see 9 youth teams for each club, but I'd like to see the youth team section developed and expanded, so it mirrors life slightly more accurately. Given that there are already several examples of 14 and under stars, (Fabregas, Messi, Scholes, Giggs, etc), it shows that this is an area where SI are not imitating reality perfectly.

Yeah would be great for people playing the game but would be hell to code in the realities of it.

An awful lot of players aged 10-18 drop out of the game altogether. That would need coding in.

Also researchers would have their work doubled easily.

I'd like to see a more complex youth setup, sure, but that is not generally something the manager gets involved with so I wouldn't want these 10 year olds or whatever to be "player instances" in the same way as any other player in the database. I'd rather just have something more of an informational aspect to the youth setup so that you can take a look at what is going on in some manner, but nothing excessively complex.

Archived