Money to burn?

Are you, occasionally, an unashamed chequebook manager?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you, occasionally, an unashamed chequebook manager?

• Yes, nothing beats capturing that £50m bargain
    • What's a chequebook?

In light of recent events, just interested to see how many people out there play games with the billionaire owned clubs (Chelsea, Man City, even Villa and Newcastle) purely for the unbridled joy of being able to spend millions in the transfer market.

Personally, I enjoy the challenge of taking mediocre teams as far as i can, but will always devote some time to playing a game where, if i want, i can spend £40m on a player for the sheer fun of it.

Tend to have real issues these days in my attention span allowing me to spend more then a season or 2 in any one save, so I tend to go for Citeh/Villa and just P*ssball about in the transfer market and see what I can achieve in a season or 2 before a fly crawling up a wall distracts me enough to turn said game off, forever to be forgotten about.

I mix it up. It's different types of games when you try to get a coca-cola league 2 side into the Premier league or when you try to make an european impact with a danish league team and when you take a stronger team and just mow down everybody in your way. When I get bored with one type, I take a game with the other.

However I never take super-teams like Arsenal, Man U, Barca and clubs that. The highest I've taken is Sevilla I think.

As a villa fan i tend to play the game managing villa. I continue MON's values of trying not to over pay for players and signing young english players. But in FM as IRL its harder to buy young british talent than to get foriegn players.

if you buy your way to the title or titles then the game quickly becomes boring and i lose interest rather do it the hard way and challenge myself within the game paramiters im playing

Guest arsenal2111

Im not the sort of manager who goes out to spend £60mil on a player.

On my 14 season Arsenal save, the most I payed for a player was £30mil, but that was only £15mil because I had a sell on clause(I sold him with 50% next sale going to me, then i signed him)

Other than that, I paid £29.5mil for a striker, but sold him 6 months later for £40mil.

The most I paid in the end of that game was that £29.5mil.

Archived