Nice little ****-up from a penalty!

I've never seen a 'keeper sent off on my file (which consists of over 30 years) then in an FA Trophy game vs Crawley, my striker was through and took a really heavy touch and clashed with their 'keeper in the box. He was sent off and I won a pen.

Anyway, as soon as the ref gave him the red card their number 2 (a right back) turned from his blue kit straight into a 'keeper's green one, presumably because there always has to be a 'keeper on the field on FM. However, the Crawley manager quickly substituted their striker for a sub 'keeper, meaning another green jersied player was on the field! However, number 2 right back had already taken his place in goal to save the pen. So as the screen flicked to the penalty, Leighton Leonard (yes, that's my top striker's name) missed, screwing it wide, but it soon became clear why. They had 2 men in the net! Number 2 had kept his place in goal and the sub 'keeper had also gone in. I'd have been fuming had I gone onto lose the game!

As I have the highlights on key the 2d pitch went off before the goal kick was taken (wonder which one took it) and then for the next chance the sub 'keeper was in goal on his own and number 2 had taken up his full back position again and was wearing blue.

Anyone else had this happen before?

Oops - Title was meant to say 'c0ck-up' - bloody censorship!

you have a 30 year old save and you're still competing for the FA Trophy?

I would imagine that he takes a team to success, resigns and starts over. Or he took a team to from worst to first and back again.

you have a 30 year old save and you're still competing for the FA Trophy?

Haha. I posted the other week that after winning the Premiership numerous times with Newcastle, the World Cup and Euro, and done pretty much everything possible, I was going to go to the Blue Square Premier and take my team Rotherham to the top. I've done 3 seasons now and after a couple of playoff defeats I'm no closer to League Two than I was when I took over, but it's good fun down in the bottom divisions!

I've never seen a 'keeper sent off on my file (which consists of over 30 years) then in an FA Trophy game vs Crawley, my striker was through and took a really heavy touch and clashed with their 'keeper in the box. He was sent off and I won a pen.

Anyway, as soon as the ref gave him the red card their number 2 (a right back) turned from his blue kit straight into a 'keeper's green one, presumably because there always has to be a 'keeper on the field on FM. However, the Crawley manager quickly substituted their striker for a sub 'keeper, meaning another green jersied player was on the field! However, number 2 right back had already taken his place in goal to save the pen. So as the screen flicked to the penalty, Leighton Leonard (yes, that's my top striker's name) missed, screwing it wide, but it soon became clear why. They had 2 men in the net! Number 2 had kept his place in goal and the sub 'keeper had also gone in. I'd have been fuming had I gone onto lose the game!

As I have the highlights on key the 2d pitch went off before the goal kick was taken (wonder which one took it) and then for the next chance the sub 'keeper was in goal on his own and number 2 had taken up his full back position again and was wearing blue.

Anyone else had this happen before?

Oops - Title was meant to say 'c0ck-up' - bloody censorship!

Defintely worth it to save the pkm and post in the bugs forum.

Here goes, guys!

'Crawley's 'keeper lunges dangerously into Leighton Leonard...

http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotherhamvcrawleypitch3nb4.png

The 'keeper is sent off and the number 2, who has put his green jumper on in a matter of mili seconds, takes his place in goal as the shamed 'keeper leaves the field...

http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotherhamvcrawleypitchne4.png

Leonard misses the resultant penalty, and it becomes clear why!

http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotherhamvcrawleypitch2xh1.png

Minutes later, number 2 has found his rightful position again, and everything is normal...

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotherhamvcrawleypitch4xw9.png

I understand that this shouldn't happen, however as your player hit it wide does it make that much difference!!! I know they should only have one keeper, however really as long as the right back didn't save it then it has made no difference as you missed rather than had it saved.

(Not trying to start an arguement)

Archived