Preparing for FM09

Even though the new game is roughly 2 months away is anyone else preparing now or soon for the new game?

I personally start looking for new players that are up and coming. And scout the leagues for players that are playing well. For example in World Soccer Magazine every month they have a talent scout page with young players coming through. This month Lyons keeper Hugo Lloris, Fiorentinas Stevan Jovetic and Pablo Piatti, an Argentian left winger.

I load up my last save game on FM08 and go through my tactics and try and come up with a new system or tweak the system i have to start the new game already knowing what my formation and tactics are.

Or when the game does come out does anyone else right down their squads in the formation that they play. Or right notes and possibly a folder for your players attributes to see where there strong points are?

Another thing i do at the end of each season is right down the winners runners up and 3rd placed teams in all the leagues and cups i have in my game, on one page so i have that information in front of me. Dont ask me why i do all this. It just adds to the way i play the game and gets me more involved in what im doing.

Just wondering if anyone else does anything like this. Or is it just me.

Cheers

Just bought a new laptop with one thing in mind. The fa cup 3rd round will process so much faster now!

I'm sure I'll think about it loads once the features have been announced, that's when the next game becomes a reality for me

I do that even now... :D Did that in elementary school,high school and now at university! :D CM/FM is always there! :D

I have my 1st team,2nd team,3rd team (usually players out on loan) and my youth team in my notebooks,all with numbers and nationalities.Once I got so carried away that I even had my small shortlist written down and spent a whole class thinking who should I buy since I could afford only one (go LLM! :D).

When I was bored at uni I used to go into my own little world and draw formations on bits of paper

I did that with EHM. I would do new line combos and which players I should keep or get rid of, stuff like that.

When I was bored at uni I used to go into my own little world and draw formations on bits of paper

When I'm bored at work, I go to the toilet and sit there and think about things I might need to do or about a forthcoming match. And there's the old FM obsessive thing of giving press conferences and interviews. I do that.

As for the OP, I've been doing a lot of thinking about who I'm going to want to manage on FM09. I've narrowed it down to a field of ten across a number of different countries. But the final choice is going to be hard to make.

Manage the team you support first?

I always do a 6 season minimum first game with Man Utd when a new FM comes out, Ive probably been every team in the EPL on this years version :D

I've been doing a long-term game with United so, even though I support them, I won't be managing them on FM09.

Archived