Stubborness before buying FM2009

I have less time to play FM2008 lately with a new son who is now 6 months old- name 'Jose-Raul' by the way (like it?) and having always playd as Wolves manager I have failed to win the Premiership or Champions league for that matter. In fact this has been the case since FM2007. I do not download tactics but get as much information as possible from this site to bulid my onw tactics but until I win the title I refuse to invest in a new copy of FM as much as I want to. Does anyone share this stubborn attitude and why?

PS No doubt I will buy FM2009 when it comes out and have my son sat on my lap at the grand of age of 9 months saying come on son- wo do we buy next?

I will almost certainly buy, after all I have bought every single one since the first one came out.

I am a little worried however.

Can not believe that after all these years that transfers and contracts are still so pathetic. AndI have a few minor worries also about gameplay also.

Mainly though I worry about this 'Revolution' vibe. FM has 'evolved', revolution is much more all involved and desrtuctive. I worry that the heart of the game will be ripped out just to be trendy and appeal to the 'console' and 'live play' fraternity. :(

Hope that makes sense. :)

Personally, I'm expecting it to become more in depth. FML is the 'console' version. FM09 should continue to maintain and build upon its identity as a 'thinking man's' game.

FML has improved the ME enormously and enabled SI to build a version that takes the whole gamut of user tactics into its equations. That has never been possible before. It has also revolutionised the interface to the extent that I get horribly annoyed with the FM proper one nowadays. Both of these advances should be part of the FM09 experience. As for the rest of the revolution, I'm excited. No idea what it might involve but if other modules have improved as much as the ME and interface then we will be in for a real treat.

ill be getting 09 on release date and when i get home im unplugging the phone, closing the curtains and locking the door and making sure there is plenty to eat :D

This is a terrible idea.

Check the food stocks the day before. Make sure there's plenty of food that needs minimal attention. You can usually (once your tactics are up and running properly) leave the pc for the first 30 minutes of any game, so you have a couple of minutes to unpack and stick into the microwave. You can then save the game after the final whistle, to allow time to run to collect food.

Equally, phone should be unplugged 24 hours in advance so no "can you help with ____ tomorrow" scenarios come in last minute.

When FM09 arrives, you should already be ready. If possible, leave the CD tray open when you leave to minimise get home -> installed time.

Heh, some great replies. When 08 came out I was like Shevchenko in a Chelsea shirt, didn't know where to go, what to do or how to do it, I was lost. I remeber I sat in a dark room for a while thinking how I could get my first win. I kid you not, I actually didn't win a game on it until about 3 days in. I was terrible.

Thank god I stumbled upon a tactic that works or else I would of moved my things into that dark room. :)

i'll probably defo stay away from these forums for atleast 2 months because its going to be full of...

Wonderkids...best players... who to buy with... blah blah blah.... rate my team...

the only downside to a new release is no one wants to do it themselves but everyone wants to show them off

This is a terrible idea.

Check the food stocks the day before. Make sure there's plenty of food that needs minimal attention. You can usually (once your tactics are up and running properly) leave the pc for the first 30 minutes of any game, so you have a couple of minutes to unpack and stick into the microwave. You can then save the game after the final whistle, to allow time to run to collect food.

Equally, phone should be unplugged 24 hours in advance so no "can you help with ____ tomorrow" scenarios come in last minute.

When FM09 arrives, you should already be ready. If possible, leave the CD tray open when you leave to minimise get home -> installed time.

best tip i've ever seen on these forums! :D

This is a terrible idea.

i tip my hat to you.... this is the best idea since sliced bread!

Archived