Mac vs. Laptop

Hi,

I need to buy a new Laptop, and am thinking of buying a MacBook. I was just wondering what experiences you guys have had with FM on Macs? Is there any difference to PCs/Laptops?

The ability to run FM smoothly and with plenty of leagues etc is a very big factor in my decision. Hopefully on Wednesday we will learn about the recommended spec for FM09, but I'd be interested to hear how you have found FM on Macs in comparison to PCs/Laptops, and which type of MacBook would be best for me?

I run it on my Macbook Air and it runs fine and smooth although be it with a limited amount of leagues due to the macbook airs limited spec. I'm sure a Macbook Pro would suffice when it comes to running a decent amount of legaues smoothly.

However I would advise against purchasing a Macbook or Macbook Pro this month as Apple are supposdly going to update these lines sometime in Sept/Oct look here for more info on this : http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/08/27/ipods_macbooks_imacs_up_next_on_apples_2008_roadmap.html

Hi,

I need to buy a new Laptop, and am thinking of buying a MacBook. I was just wondering what experiences you guys have had with FM on Macs? Is there any difference to PCs/Laptops?

The ability to run FM smoothly and with plenty of leagues etc is a very big factor in my decision. Hopefully on Wednesday we will learn about the recommended spec for FM09, but I'd be interested to hear how you have found FM on Macs in comparison to PCs/Laptops, and which type of MacBook would be best for me?

I very much doubt that we'll hear about specs on Wednesday as the game isn't finished yet. We will not likely hear about minimum specs until the game is finished and I wouldn't have thought it would be until a few weeks before release.

Now...as for Macs...I've long been an advocate for the MacOS, but not an advocate of their hardware because it tends to be more expensive than your 'equivalent' PC Laptop. I would say if you want bang for your buck go PC, but if you need a Mac for work or whatever then the decision is made for you.

And if you just hate MS Windows, remember that you can run FM (at least 2007 and 2008) on Linux through the WINE project.

I have a macbook, T8300 with 2gb Ram

Runs brillaintly, so smooth, with 7 nations

i also have windows Xp (you can also choose vista) on my mac as a dual boot

i have Fm2007 installed on the windows side and that also work just aswell as Fm2008 on mac,

obviously because Fm2008 is more fine tuned,and generally faster, it is speedier, but that isnt anything to do with the operating system

Tom-West how do you play FM on your MacBook Air when it has no CD drive? Just wondering as the reason i didnt get one was because of this... and also i was looking at a thread where some guy wanted to know how to play on a laptop without a CD drive?

It does have a CD drive afaik. Just not one that is attached to it.

Archived