Post match analysis

I cannot wait for FM2009 - I have played FM2008 to death, managing many teams and in various leagues, many happy hours - but never 100% contentment - why? That bloody post-match analysis. Game after game it doesn't relate to anything verging on reality. I am sick and tired of 'against a surprisingly lucklustre team' when you were 2-0 with 5 minutes to go and they equalised with an own goal and a penalty, sick and tired of 'I certainly didn't see so and so winning this one' when they are 10 places higher than you in the League, sick of tired of two contradicting match reports one saying 'easy victory' and then the next saying 'fortunate to beat' It is no-where near flexible enough throughout the season, churning out the same nonsense, being unable to read the season's results and table standings, and merely makes a simple calculation based on reputation, for example, Oxford were having a shocking season and were 23rd and yet it still expected them to beat my Cambridge side, last game of the season, when we were up by points. While it was a nice try, until it works 100% and doesn't leave you seething with anger it needs to be dropped - after all, the computer has decided you will lose, so why on earth 'couldn't it see x winning that one'... Please give us some credit SI, it needs to go for FM2009. The game is the closest it has ever been to perfection, but please, sort this messy bit of the game out.

Looking forward to FM2009

It seems very pointless getting so worked up over a cosmetic feature. It'd be nice if it worked right but it's also be nice if it had some variations aswell.

Hope for change but if it doesn't happen, then ignore it. I don't see why such a small feature spoils your game.

I can agree to this, but I'm not that... passionate about it, as you seem to be. I'm not so upset about, it's more of a bore-factor for me.

More exact media-comments and pre-match comments would enhance the feeling of managing a professional football club (lol blub... Nevermind ^_^), which can feel pretty tame at moments. I just stunned the world and took 1st place with Aston Villa, and all I got was a few yellow messages in the inbox and then you just move along... Nothing to see here folks. Come on somebody, celebrate me!!

So yes indeedy I can relate to your problem. But it doesn't ruin the game for me... It just makes me feel alone :(

I agree. It is quite annoying.

IMO, the most annoying thing is when a player gets sent off/substituted/injured really early in a game who is a key player and it just says 'made some key passes' or 'had a solid game' afterwards. Bit stupid really.

One thing that annoys me slightly is when you win a game 2-0 and the game says for example 'Man United hammer West Ham 2-0'. C'mon a 2-0 victory is hardly a hammering! I know it's only cosmetic but it is annoying.

One thing that annoys me slightly is when you win a game 2-0 and the game says for example 'Man United hammer West Ham 2-0'. C'mon a 2-0 victory is hardly a hammering! I know it's only cosmetic but it is annoying.

Maybe it means as in shots/chances/possesion etc?

I'd call a team having 30 shots as opposed to the oppositions 0, a hammering, no matter what the score was.

I can relate to your problem. But it doesn't ruin the game for me... It just makes me feel alone :(

Same here, I feel like I don't get enough recognition for all my hard work and insomnia put into the game,

To the OP, however, I don't feel as strongly about the matter, yeah it is a bit tedious seeing the same comments over and over but there is only so many different comments that can be put into the game, hopefully SI will have put a little more this to relieve boredom in long term games

• 1 month later...

I had to laugh at this example of silly post-match analysis. My Man. United team just drew 1-1 away to Chelsea in a Champions League quarter final, and therefore went through 5-1 on aggregate. But the post-match analysis said something about the Chelsea fans being the happier set of supporters.

Firstly, as if they'd be happier! They failed to even threaten to overturn my first leg advantage, and now they're well and truly out!

Secondly, Chelsea fans would never be the happier set of supporters after a 1-1 draw at home. The only possible exception would be if they needed a point for the title or it was enough to get them through in Europe. Otherwise, they'd be disappointed against anyone. The United fans would be much happier with a draw at Stamford Bridge.

Silly.

Archived