20th in EPL and given extra funds.

I'm a newby at this game. I was Portsmouth and am 20th in the League on 8 pts after 10 games.

then i get a message from the chairman saying. due to the clubs improving financal state, the board have decided to give you £22 million extra in transfer funds. Why would the board give me extra money when im in last place lol. lets see if I can climb the table.

Just signed:

Juan Roman Riquelme

Claudio Pizarro

Fabio Aurelio

any other suggestions.

I'm a newby at this game. I was Portsmouth and am 20th in the League on 8 pts after 10 games.

then i get a message from the chairman saying. due to the clubs improving financal state, the board have decided to give you £22 million extra in transfer funds. Why would the board give me extra money when im in last place lol. lets see if I can climb the table.

Just signed:

Juan Roman Riquelme

Claudio Pizarro

Fabio Aurelio

any other suggestions.

I am now 17th

Just signed:

Juan Roman Riquelme

Claudio Pizarro

Fabio Aurelio

any other suggestions.

Where are you lacking?

Are you leaking goals?

Squandering chances, or not creating them?

Help us to help you!

Defoe has 16 goals, Kranjcar 11 assists

I will lose games like 3 - 2 or 4 -3. but i've tightened my defence and have 3 wins and 3 clean sheets.

You should probably look for a fresh keeper. In my experiences David James is rubbish and Ashdown hardly looks reliable. It's hard to get good GK's to leave their clubs, so maybe target GK's like Morgan De Sanctis (Sevilla), Stuart Taylor (Aston Villa), or perhaps try to loan Kuszczak (Man U) or some other young one. In my opinion Handling, Reflexes and Jumping are some important skills to look for... Oscar Ustari btw. is available for 6.000.000 euro on a release clause. Not sure he can cope yet though... He got tremendous physical skills, and a very noteable 20 in Determination. But perhaps his tech skills can't apply just yet. But he becomes great in a couple of seasons, so check him out...

Distin and Sol Campbell in the defense are pretty good standard, but they both have some crucial flaws. I haven't tried playing Portsmouth so I don't know what players you could attract and I don't know your budget, so it's hard to give specific names. Look for Tackling, Marking, Heading, Jumping and Positioning as the main skills, and Anticipation, Concentration, Bravery, Decisions, Pace and Strenght are also pretty important to look for. Some that look solid in all stats are Monsoreau and Wielaert. If you splash some cash you might be able to obtain Colocinni, Christian Zapata or Raul Albiol... Try searching and scouting :)

You have to play on your squads strenghts. That would be Lassana Diarra, Fabio Aurelio (2 strong WB) and the magnificent Riquelme as an AMC (I LOVE Riquelme in this game. Awesome).

I would play through the middle, with the two wing-backs as the only wide players in a 4-2-1-2 formation.

You have alot of midfielders, so perhaps you could off-load a couple and buy one good all-round player, who works both on the defensive and the offensive aspects.

Perhaps place your 2 midfielders on ML and MR positions with arrows towards the CM pos. to cover more space on the midfield.

Use Riquelme as a playmaker. He's golden!

If you obtain a new DC with decent/good pace, then play your defence more towards pushing up, than staying deep. (screw Sol Campbell)

Play more wide than narrow to give your midfield time and place to build up an attack. You don't have the right players for short and narrow play-style, so perhaps mixed with wide tendencies?

You should also look to attain an AML with good speed if you need to alter the tactics at some point. Either get a cheap decent one, who is satisfied with being backup/rotation player, or hit two flies in one and get a good striker with the capabilities of a left winger (Dare I say Jefferson Farfán? He's also pretty durn awesome)

Hope it helped ya :)

Just signed:

Juan Roman Riquelme

Claudio Pizarro

Fabio Aurelio

any other suggestions.

what a daft thing to say Why would the board give me extra money when im in last place lol. because you need better players which he is wanting you to buy.

what a daft thing to say Why would the board give me extra money when im in last place lol. because you need better players which he is wanting you to buy.

If you was the Newcastle chairman, would you give money for transfers when your in 20th? think about from a business point of view.

If you was the Newcastle chairman, would you give money for transfers when your in 20th? think about from a business point of view.

From a business point of view, surely the board would want you to keep the team in the Premiership, which is where the money is, and giving you a bit extra to spend on players will be financially beneficial in the long term, should you keep them up of course

You should probably look for a fresh keeper. In my experiences David James is rubbish and Ashdown hardly looks reliable. It's hard to get good GK's to leave their clubs, so maybe target GK's like Morgan De Sanctis (Sevilla), Stuart Taylor (Aston Villa), or perhaps try to loan Kuszczak (Man U) or some other young one. In my opinion Handling, Reflexes and Jumping are some important skills to look for... Oscar Ustari btw. is available for 6.000.000 euro on a release clause. Not sure he can cope yet though... He got tremendous physical skills, and a very noteable 20 in Determination. But perhaps his tech skills can't apply just yet. But he becomes great in a couple of seasons, so check him out...

Distin and Sol Campbell in the defense are pretty good standard, but they both have some crucial flaws. I haven't tried playing Portsmouth so I don't know what players you could attract and I don't know your budget, so it's hard to give specific names. Look for Tackling, Marking, Heading, Jumping and Positioning as the main skills, and Anticipation, Concentration, Bravery, Decisions, Pace and Strenght are also pretty important to look for. Some that look solid in all stats are Monsoreau and Wielaert. If you splash some cash you might be able to obtain Colocinni, Christian Zapata or Raul Albiol... Try searching and scouting :)

You have to play on your squads strenghts. That would be Lassana Diarra, Fabio Aurelio (2 strong WB) and the magnificent Riquelme as an AMC (I LOVE Riquelme in this game. Awesome).

I would play through the middle, with the two wing-backs as the only wide players in a 4-2-1-2 formation.

You have alot of midfielders, so perhaps you could off-load a couple and buy one good all-round player, who works both on the defensive and the offensive aspects.

Perhaps place your 2 midfielders on ML and MR positions with arrows towards the CM pos. to cover more space on the midfield.

Use Riquelme as a playmaker. He's golden!

If you obtain a new DC with decent/good pace, then play your defence more towards pushing up, than staying deep. (screw Sol Campbell)

Play more wide than narrow to give your midfield time and place to build up an attack. You don't have the right players for short and narrow play-style, so perhaps mixed with wide tendencies?

You should also look to attain an AML with good speed if you need to alter the tactics at some point. Either get a cheap decent one, who is satisfied with being backup/rotation player, or hit two flies in one and get a good striker with the capabilities of a left winger (Dare I say Jefferson Farfán? He's also pretty durn awesome)

Hope it helped ya :)

Yes this did help. Riquelme is a legend.

My Formation 4(d)-1(dm)-2(m)-2(am)-1(f). (Unbeaten in 10 games now. including 3 chelsea, 1 liverpool)

Jermaine Defoe

Sulley Muntari John Utaka

Nico Kranjcar Juan Roman Riquelme

Claudio Makelele

Fabio Aurelio Sylvan Distan Sol Campbell Paulo Ferreira

David James

From a business point of view, surely the board would want you to keep the team in the Premiership, which is where the money is, and giving you a bit extra to spend on players will be financially beneficial in the long term, should you keep them up of course

How much money did derby send last year to get relegated?

I see you've got Makelele as your DM. He's good, but as you can tell he is getting on a bit. Try signing Miquel Veloso from Sporting. He may cost you up to $20M (not sure of what that is in pounds or euros) but he is brilliant. He is young (20 or 21 to memory) and becomes (for me) the greatest player in the game.

He can play DC/DM/CM or even LB if needed, but i think his best position is DM.

Best of luck mate, just stop beating Liverpool!

socdk

Most helpful response ever.

Socdk, as others have stated, TOP REPLY!

Responses like yours make this forum worth it's weight in gold.

\keep up the good work.

Why thank you! Gosh I feel so honored... I didn't really expect this, so I haven't prepared a speach or anything. I would like to thank my mom who raised me well, my friends, god.... Oh wait.

Sorry. I tend to drift away...

Yes this did help. Riquelme is a legend.

My Formation 4(d)-1(dm)-2(m)-2(am)-1(f). (Unbeaten in 10 games now. including 3 chelsea, 1 liverpool)

Jermaine Defoe

Sulley Muntari John Utaka

Nico Kranjcar Juan Roman Riquelme

Claudio Makelele

Fabio Aurelio Sylvan Distan Sol Campbell Paulo Ferreira

David James

Wow unbeaten 10 games? I'm impressed considering what you have to work with.

I pressume you have sold Lassana Diara. How much did you sell him for? And what have you paid for Ferreria and Makelele? To be honest you should have at least earned yourself between £15.000.000-£20.000.000 on that deal, since Diarra was pure quality. Ferreria is worthless. Makélélé is a good player still, and though he WILL definately deteriorate over the season and the next, he was probably dirt cheap for you. So that's a pretty good signing.

How do you fair now? You should at least be half way through by now right? Give me a status report!

I'm pretty skeptical towards Utaka and Muntari on the wings... They look less than average as wingers. How do you play them? I honestly think you would benefit from playing Kranjcar on the left wing, and muntari on the middle instead. Muntari has better all-round skills, such as positioning, tackling, passing and his essential attacking skills for a winger is lacking (crossing, off the ball and such). Kranjcar is more technically gifted and should do better than Muntari on that position... Hmm.

Does Utaka ever make a proper cross or get in the right positions off the ball? He's lacking major winger-attributes.

Honestly I'm surprised that you are doing well with this side. You must have your tactics set amazingly good. Keep us updated :)

Defoe has 16 goals, Kranjcar 11 assists

I will lose games like 3 - 2 or 4 -3. but i've tightened my defence and have 3 wins and 3 clean sheets.

Are you losing games in the last 10 mins? If so, go to the tactics forum and do a search on "424" or "4-2-4" or "4-2-bloody-4". It's a tactic the AI uses to "cheat", but it's easy to counter if you're not a paranoid wierdo.

Why thank you! Gosh I feel so honored... I didn't really expect this, so I haven't prepared a speach or anything. I would like to thank my mom who raised me well, my friends, god.... Oh wait.

Sorry. I tend to drift away...

Wow unbeaten 10 games? I'm impressed considering what you have to work with.

I pressume you have sold Lassana Diara. How much did you sell him for? And what have you paid for Ferreria and Makelele? To be honest you should have at least earned yourself between £15.000.000-£20.000.000 on that deal, since Diarra was pure quality. Ferreria is worthless. Makélélé is a good player still, and though he WILL definately deteriorate over the season and the next, he was probably dirt cheap for you. So that's a pretty good signing.

How do you fair now? You should at least be half way through by now right? Give me a status report!

I'm pretty skeptical towards Utaka and Muntari on the wings... They look less than average as wingers. How do you play them? I honestly think you would benefit from playing Kranjcar on the left wing, and muntari on the middle instead. Muntari has better all-round skills, such as positioning, tackling, passing and his essential attacking skills for a winger is lacking (crossing, off the ball and such). Kranjcar is more technically gifted and should do better than Muntari on that position... Hmm.

Does Utaka ever make a proper cross or get in the right positions off the ball? He's lacking major winger-attributes.

Honestly I'm surprised that you are doing well with this side. You must have your tactics set amazingly good. Keep us updated :)

no i still have Diarra but his injured for 6 months. I did use Kranjcar as a Winger, but he seems to create more chances in the center. as for Utaka and Muntari there banging in the goals.

I paid less than 2 million for both Ferreria (i think 1.4m) and makelele (350K)

I have crawl up to 13th in the league and im in the league cup final. Knocking out Newcastle and Chelsea.

just about to work my way to the end of the year. (game date january 10th 2008)

thanks for your help

Archived