Freeze

My Football Manager keeps freezing because whenever It finishes loading it freezing. The football (the thing that replace the cursor). Keeps stopping and the game freezes. If anybody has got any advice on how to get football manager starting again, can they please reply!!!

Whats the spec of your computer? How many leagues are you trying to run? Do you have lots of programs running in the background? Try closing some of the programs running in the background by right clicking on any icons on the bottom right of your desktop.

It starts to freeze whilst setting up a new game and I'll tell the ram etc... when I know what it is. That wasn't sacrasactic.

Right-click on my computer and choose properties. The amount of ram should come up in the bottom of the window along with details about your processor and so on.

Are you using the 8.0.2 patch? Not sure why your game is freezing but perhaps you should run a virus scan and spyware scan. Checking your hard drive for errors would also be a good idea i think. On the back of the box the minimum specs say 1.2gb processor but I don't think yours should really make that much of a difference.

How many leagues are you running?

Below minimum spec already. If you're also trying to run a lot of leagues on high database...

It might not be freezing, just taking a long time to calculate everything. FM in crunch mode often makes windows think it's frozen.

• 3 weeks later...
When exactly is it freezing?

- when you start up it freezes before/after the splash screens (SEGA/SI Logos, Warchild etc.)

- it freezes when you start a new game during set up (creating manager shortlists etc.)

- it freezes in game when processing

Hmm just installed this on a new pc it just freezes up straight after the splash screens (logos etc) won't load the main menu to start game. Any ideas ?? any help would be much appreciated

Archived