Wait or purchase on release? (Poll)

Buy upon release or wait till the patches are released?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Buy upon release or wait till the patches are released?

• I'll buy Football Manager 2009 as soon as it's humanly possible
    • Patience is a virtue, therefore I'll wait for the patch to be released

OK. Very simple question here, boys and girls:

I've been an avid player of CM (and switched to FM) for about a decade now, and I know fine well that the game is not brilliant out-of-the-box. I'm not saying that it's not playable out-of-the-box, I'm just saying that the game becomes better as a result of bugs being ironed out and general corners being rounded. This process usually take around 2 patches.

So, the question is, will you purchase Football Manager 2009 on the release date (or thereabouts) or will you wait till SI release their final patch?

As for me, I usually purchase the game straight away and then wait till the patches are released, before playing it. Thinking back, that doesn't really make sense. I mean, by the time that the final patch becomes released it's usually around March, and by that time the price of FM 2009 will spike.

So, this year I'll be waiting for the patches to be released. (If I buy it at all)

apologies to everyone for my STUPID postings. My bellend of a flatmate thinks its funny to make me look silly (not that i don't do that myself). He changed my profile and everything. He isnt mature enough to be left alone with my computer on (and yet he still has a better job then me?)

I'm not sure which option to choose.

If I can get a good game going before the new game comes out I'll stick with the current game until I get bored of that save. I'll then go and buy it.

If I don't get a good game going I'll just buy the game when I get around to it, whenever that'll be. With the last release I didn't get the game until a good two weeks after it was released.

I'm with those who'll decide after trying the demo. Wasn't overly impressed with FM08, but I have a feeling FM09 will be a much better game generally. I'll have no qualms about sticking with FM07 if I don't enjoy the demo though.

I've never been bothered by the bugs that much that it effects my enjoyment of the game. I often think that they're blown out of all proportion on the boards. I will therefore do what I always do and buy the game on release if I can afford it. Otherwise it'll (obviously) have to wait.

The day I can buy it, I will buy it.

Well, that's probably a bit of a lie. I won't be running around trying to convince shops to sell early, making sure I have it on release day if not, and all that crap this year. Getting too old for that, and have responsibilities these days.

First reasonable oppertunity I have to get it though...

And you can bet that'll be within a couple of days of release.

I was going to wait until the January update because of all the problem that are in the current version but I think I wait for the information on wednesday (which sounds really good unless there pulling our legs!) and then try the demo before fully deciding

Archived