Why am i not qualified for the Champ. League Qualifiers?

End of season 2012/2013:

EPLFINAL.jpg

As you can see i finished in 4th place and lost the FA Cup Final vs Chelsea. Usually my final position should grant me a place in the Qualifiers for the ECC group stages. But i'm only qualified for the UEFA Cup. Why?

Here are the UEFA coefficients which clearly show that there are 4 ECC spots in England:

coeff.jpg

An English team will be involved in either the UEFA Cup final or the Champions League Final. Once these games have been played, he final ECC spot will be awarded. If the team thats in the final is in the final of the ECC and is not in the top 3, I'm afraid you wont get into the ECC and will be in the EC. However, that's rarely the case, so you should be ok.

Co-efficent dropped?

Also, it's "Arsenal FC", "Chelsea FC", "Reading FC", not FC Reading etc.

In Spain its the other way around. Just like we have "Bayern Munich" when its really called Bayern Munchen". FC Barcelona is Barcelona FC in UK. Its just the way you perceive the name, and doesn't actually have a right or wrong unless the club is an AFC. (AFC Wimbledon / Charlton AFC)

i'd guess, as the o/p is from Germany, its a language thing. as theres plenty of clubs with "arsenal" in their names, but i dont think there's another chelsea anywhere (thank god) plus, how often do you see fc everton or fc reading?!

In Spain its the other way around. Just like we have "Bayern Munich" when its really called Bayern Munchen". FC Barcelona is Barcelona FC in UK. Its just the way you perceive the name, and doesn't actually have a right or wrong unless the club is an AFC. (AFC Wimbledon / Charlton AFC)

What about Sunderland? They are Sunderland AFC arent they not. Is it because they are Sunderland Assoction Football Club? and not Sunderland Athletic Football Club, but they are still Sunderland A.F.C.

"Munchen" is known as "Munich" as it's actually a translation. FC Barcelona is still called FC Barcelona in the UK. I've never, ever known anybody to call them "Barcelona FC".

What about Sunderland? They are Sunderland AFC arent they not. Is it because they are Sunderland Assoction Football Club? and not Sunderland Athletic Football Club, but they are still Sunderland A.F.C.

They're also still ****ing ****. :thup:

To clear things up: i use a german fix which gives the teams their full team names. i mainly did this for the german league but it affected all leagues. dunno who made this fix and i know there are some issues but i can live with that.

funnily in germany i heard i quiet often that people refer to the gunners as arsenal london though i would never call it that way.

maybe i'll ask in a german forum who did this fix for long names so i can advice him to get the names right.

Archived