Buying out contracts

Its not in FM2008 as far as I can see. The new features of FM2009 haven't been anounced yet so no point in guessing whats going to be included\excluded but if its a fairly regular occurance then you'd think that its there or at least being considered for inclusion in a patch.

I seem to remember someone from SI saying that it would not be included in the game until it was clear how exactly it would work in real life, otherwise we could end up with a situation like the 'unprotected contracts' from a few years ago.

Ok I'm a thinking you need to listen to this now. In Fm o5 you could buy out a contract for a middle aged player 2 years after they had signed it. This sum is decided by the amount of wages the club are due to pay the player for the rest of his contract. It voz in that game, so ho should be in this 'ere next one.

That's not true, Andy Webster of Rangers did it a couple of years ago to join Wigan as Rangers didn't want to let him leave

Actually he bought out his Hearts contract to join Wigan then went on loan to Rangers who he has subsequently joined full time.

Archived