Some moans

Hello all.

Just wanted to point out a couple of things that really annoy me with regards to FM2008 (I play 8.0.2).

1. I love it when my full back who has pace + acceleration + 15 gets roasted by the opposition winger time and time again when said winger has pace 9, dribbling 10 and acceleration 11. I mean come on this should only happen once per game. Meanwhile my winger with Pace, acceleration and dribbling all 15 plus never manages to beat his opposing full back who has pace, acceleration <12! Talk about AI bias!

2. I also love it that pretty much every time the AI crosses the ball his striker gets a good chance despite the fact his player has head, jump <10 and my CH has head, jump, bravery, position >15!!! Again this should not happen.

3. I love it that my players never seem to press the AI crosser. I tend to play a narrow formation however when not in possession I've worked hard on closing down the AI full backs/wingers to stop them from getting so many easy crosses into my box. No matter what I do the AI seems to get an easy cross into the box from which his striker gets a header at goal (see point 2).

4. Finally why does the AI always seem to get more 1-1s than me? Dont talk to me about DL etc. what I'm talking about is that his strikers are sharper to get on the ball than my defenders while the reverse is true when I'm attacking (again though my players have better pace, acc, anticipation etc. attributes than the AIs.

Rant over.

If it will make you feel better, I actually read the thread and can relate somewhat to your incidents. I'm sure after your next few wins, you will feel better. With that said, if there's some things you feel that are bugs, report them in the Bugs section so that they can be looked at for future FM releases.

Because defenders in general are stupid, and your defenders are generally more stupid than the AI ones.

At the end of the day I don't think the 2D properly represents the actual match engine. At least I hope it doesn't, otherwise I'm spending my hard-earned on a game which is quite clearly taking the ****.

Hello all.

Just wanted to point out a couple of things that really annoy me with regards to FM2008 (I play 8.0.2).

1. I love it when my full back who has pace + acceleration + 15 gets roasted by the opposition winger time and time again when said winger has pace 9, dribbling 10 and acceleration 11. I mean come on this should only happen once per game. Meanwhile my winger with Pace, acceleration and dribbling all 15 plus never manages to beat his opposing full back who has pace, acceleration <12! Talk about AI bias!

Your tactics. Have you got him to close him down? And about your winger, the full back might be a good tackler.

2. I also love it that pretty much every time the AI crosses the ball his striker gets a good chance despite the fact his player has head, jump <10 and my CH has head, jump, bravery, position >15!!! Again this should not happen.

How close is you defender to the striker? Also, I think you're exaggerating a bit when you say everytime.

3. I love it that my players never seem to press the AI crosser. I tend to play a narrow formation however when not in possession I've worked hard on closing down the AI full backs/wingers to stop them from getting so many easy crosses into my box. No matter what I do the AI seems to get an easy cross into the box from which his striker gets a header at goal (see point 2).

OI on? The Winger could work hard for space.

4. Finally why does the AI always seem to get more 1-1s than me? Dont talk to me about DL etc. what I'm talking about is that his strikers are sharper to get on the ball than my defenders while the reverse is true when I'm attacking (again though my players have better pace, acc, anticipation etc. attributes than the AIs.

Strength? The attackers could outmuscle the defenders, therefore making a goalscoring opportunity.

Rant over.

I've gave, what I believe, to be the answers.

The ME does not know which team is AI and which is human.

Also, take in mind that we humans tend to spot patterns that aren't actually there. AI strikers have outjumped your centre backs a few times, so you think it happens every time. Watch a match in full highlights. Every time your centre backs win a header, put a line on a piece of paper. Do the same with the strikers of the opposition. Or check the facts section. Now- does the striker win every header or even most?

accies13 - I urge you to take a look in the Tactics and Training Tips Forum.

Many people have had many problems like yours, but there are logic reasons for each gripe you have. Just for example, you've stated

The problem here is, you're only looking at 2 of 5 or 6 attributes that could contribute yo your striker getting the chance. Assume the AI player has <10 Jumping / Heading, but has over >15 Concentration, Work Rate, Positioning and Strength, and you player has >15 Jumping / Heading, but <19 for the others. Now, while hes a better header of the ball than the AI striker, he's just rarely in the right place to actually head the ball. Theres much more to take into account that 1 or 2 factors when it comes to selecting players for positions. My top scorer last season has 8 for pace and 6 for acceleration, yet he still managed to knock in 30 league goals, because I play to the teams strengths and work a lot on individual instructions.

Read just a few threads in the forum above, and you'll pick up countless ideas on how to make your tactics better. :thup:

Honestly guy, you need to learn to play the game. It's kinda obvious, based on the things you say, that you're not very good at FM. If your tactics doesn't work, alter them...

If you want some actual help, give us more in-depth information about your team, your players and what your tactical approach is. If you just wanted to rant... Well here we are then :p

Archived