Will this issue regarding players with more than one nationality be addressed for 09?

In FM 09, will you be able to encourage a player of more than one nationality to play for your national team, e.g. Bojan Krkic can play for Serbia or Spain. I have found that in FM08 I was unable to tempt Krkic into playing for Serbia (at all) even though he has no senior international caps for Spain, however it is written in the game that he is Spanish and Serbian.

Granted, it is a pain in the arse sometimes trying to get players to play for your country when they have dual nationality, but I think there are reasons for it, can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I think it's something like a player has to choose his nationality at a certain age and it is irreversible

TBF though, the international management on 08 is not great, so I tend not to bother with it too much, hopefully 09 will have made things a bit better and clearer

Some players declare for nation, like Dave Kitson has refused to play for Ireland because he'd be blocking other strikers- namely his future team mates- who were actually Irish. Bojan has probably said IRL that he'll play for Spain, not Serbia.

I once saw a Portuguese side full of Brazillians.

Bojan did say that, however after FM08 was released. He was still undecided till then.

Marko Marin, a German Bosnian Serb(3 nationalities) declared that he wanted to play for Serbia, however on FM08 the only country that could take him was Germany.

Neven Subotic, currently is undecided who he wants to play for (can play for Bosnia, Serbia & the USA) so it would be good to have a feature on FM08 where you could try to pick a player of dual nationalities and bring them into your national team.

Like I said, I've seen a Portuguese team full of Brazilians. They were all born in Brazil, etc. In 8.0.0 there was an issue where the Argentine/Italian Oscar Ustari would play for Italy.

When did Bojan say that? What patch are you on? If he said it in November, December or January it will have been included in the patch.

In FM 09, will you be able to encourage a player of more than one nationality to play for your national team

I really don't understand why people on this forum insist on asking questions like this when they already know that nothing offical has been anounced and they know that the SI staff will not answer. Wait until Wednesday and you might get an answer to your question.

:confused:

Archived