failing a medical

If i am trying to sign a player who has a broken leg and will be out for 5 months, will this be the reason why he failed his medical??? IM trying to sign ben arfa from lyon in the 5th season and he just broke his leg while i was negotiating a contract and then when he accepted, he failed his medical... would his leg be the reason or is it some other outside factor....

thanks

I would imagine that it would be his broken leg that would be doing it, like when Van Nistelrooy was due to sign for Man U a while back and he done his leg in so they postponed the transfer, he would have failed the medical and they would be paying him wages to do nothing, so yeah, best guess is that it is due to his leg

yeh though so.. i wouldnt really mind paying his wages while he is injured since i could have gotten him cheaper and im rolling in cash. also now that i failed to sign him the first time, there are alot of big clubs interested which is anoying .

Well, seeing as he is out for 5 months, some of those clubs will lose interest over that time, I very much doubt that they will sign him as he would fail a medical for them too, so you should be in with a chance when he is fit again

At the end of the day, I think the whole medical thing on FM is basicaly the board saying they won't pay wages for an injured player

I would imagine that it would be his broken leg that would be doing it, like when Van Nistelrooy was due to sign for Man U a while back and he done his leg in so they postponed the transfer, he would have failed the medical and they would be paying him wages to do nothing, so yeah, best guess is that it is due to his leg

If a proposed transfer collapses because a player has failed his medical then I think the ability to postpone a transfer until the players injury has cleared up should be included. You could specify in the negotiations that the transfer will only go through only if the player can prove that he is fully over his injury and passes a second medical.

Just set the transfer date to end of season

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't he still fail the medical because that would take place during the initial negotiations. I'm sure I've had transfers in the past fail because of this.

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't he still fail the medical because that would take place during the initial negotiations. I'm sure I've had transfers in the past fail because of this.

yep it would still be cancelled as medical has to be done before the transfer is agreed, regardless of whether its an immediate transfer or one fora later date.

Yeah mattant250, I think clubs can.

Sometimes I think it would be good if you could sign players who are injured, at the end of the day it would be down to the manager and if the player is very good then an injury isn't going to make too much difference - depedning on the time out.

I think, to replicate real life, complications could be found out through a medical, and a physio could offer advice as to whether the player would stay fit (or comment on Injury proneness) - For example he could say like, the player has a recurring kneww injury or the player has a heart defect. it would just make the game a little easier.

No club would do that if they did why would they bother with medicals

It would really depend on a few things. a) the type and duration of injury, b) the player's ability and c) whether the club thought it was still a good deal. Say for example, Cristiano Ronaldo broke his leg (not likely to be career threatening though) and Manchester United decided to release him.. do you not think any club would sign him up before he recovered from his injury?

It would really depend on a few things. a) the type and duration of injury, b) the player's ability and c) whether the club thought it was still a good deal. Say for example, Cristiano Ronaldo broke his leg (not likely to be career threatening though) and Manchester United decided to release him.. do you not think any club would sign him up before he recovered from his injury?

No why waste the money on wages when hes gonna be out for 8 months :thup:

I don't think that injury should effect the medical TBH. It's pretty certain that he will make a full recovery and therefore you should be able to sign him.

I seem to remember Gazza signing for Lazio when he had a knee injury? Correct me if im wrong.

No why waste the money on wages when hes gonna be out for 8 months :thup:

Well how about the a "Train with" Option - like a trial, but without a time limit. It is not uncommon for injured/out of contract players to train with a club, even for an extended period of time, while not having a contract or getting paid. Like Bosnich at QPR. Occasionally they then sign for that team.

Either you can offer the player use of the training facilities, or a player can approach your club asking to use your training facilities. The type of player you get might be dependent on the quality of your facilities or physios, or maybe purely geographical - say released by Real Madrid and trains with Getafe, or a player born in London may train with Palace or QPR etc.

That will allow you to follow their progress recovering from injury via your physios, and be in the box seat to sign them, without paying them anything, but also allows them to sign for other clubs.

Also, if, as sometimes happens, an out of contract or injured higher class player trains with a smaller club they will never sign for (say a newly ex-Everton player using the Tranmere facilities), there is a small training or morale boost to some of the Tranmere players for the duration of the stay.

And finally if you help an injured or discarded player back to fitness you might appear on their favourite club or personel list.

Archived