Scouting nations

When the board doesn't restrict where you can send your scouts, what does? I am in 2014 and since the beginning of the game "Scout Nation" has only allowed me to send scouts to select South American and European leagues. It's not the top leagues; Serbia and Ireland have always been there for example. Always the same set. Now, I've just hired a new regen scout and sent him away, and I'm now allowed to choose some countries I could never choose before like Uruguay and Czech Republic. It's not to do with his knowledge, as Italy is the only country he has any knowledge of. So what DOES define which nations you can scout?

I don't think so based on the evidence. My only leagues are Spain, Italy, Scotland and England. Uruguay and Czech Republic are the two that have suddenly become available. Would it maybe be because the reputations of those two leagues have changed? How exciting, I've never seen an effect of league rep before!

This is the reason. It depends on what countries have enough players loaded, AFAIK. Obviously the big rep countries will, as will the playable countries, and the countries near them and also the countries whose players you load. Obviously Uruguay and Czech Republic suddenly have enough players in the game.

Doesn't money come into it as well?

For instance if you are in League 2 in England, it isn't just the low reputation of your club that hinders the distance they can go, the fact that you are, more likely than not, almost completely skint means that you can't afford to send them very far

That makes sense to me, whether it is coded into the game though, I don't know

Doesn't money come into it as well?

For instance if you are in League 2 in England, it isn't just the low reputation of your club that hinders the distance they can go, the fact that you are, more likely than not, almost completely skint means that you can't afford to send them very far

That makes sense to me, whether it is coded into the game though, I don't know

Oh, it does and is in the game but the OP is talking about when this does not restrict you.

Surely you should be able to scout ANY country. Invariably my scouts come back with precisely zero reports from countries without their league active ANYWAY, so I don't see the point of distinguishing between leagues with 'enough' players (but you usually get no reports) and leagues with not enough. How am I supposed to discover Kazakhstani gems before they retire?

Surely you should be able to scout ANY country. Invariably my scouts come back with precisely zero reports from countries without their league active ANYWAY, so I don't see the point of distinguishing between leagues with 'enough' players (but you usually get no reports) and leagues with not enough. How am I supposed to discover Kazakhstani gems before they retire?

I think you should. It should be up to the user to decide but currently in the game you need to scout a whole region and can't scout individual countries.

Archived