Weather postponements?

Hi, I'm new to this forum after being away for a couple of years. I played FM07 but didn't bother buying 08 (the first time in ten years I didn't buy a CM/FM game).

Anyway, I was wondering if FM08 has match postponements because of the weather. I don't remember this being in FM07 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

In real life, postponements are a regular occurance in the lower leagues due to a lack of under-soil heating or other reasons, and I'd like to see it in the game. It would add another dimension of realism to lower leage management (particularly in colder countries like the UK).

Has anyone ever seen this happen in FM? I think it used to happen in the old CM series games, and I'd like to see it return. If it happens in FM08 already then disregard this thread.

The same applies to matches being abandoned.

I would really like to see this brought back as it adds massively to the realism.

That's what I thought. It's all well and good adding complex new features, but if things like this aren't in the game then it takes away a huge slice of realism IMO.

Definitely something I would like to see back, seems odd to me that SIs maxim has always been about realism yet they took out a very major part of realistic life for lower league clubs

:thup:

Yeah, IRL teams have often played a few more matches than others and it makes the table more interesting. Here's hoping for FM09.

Anyone from SI got a comment about this? (Although I know they'll be pretty busy at the moment).

I always thought it was a great feature but I think SI have left it out as it can cause fixture chaos - I seem to remember people saying they sometimes had to play 6 games in 8 days at the end of the season. Hopefully though they'll find a way around it and put it in a future version.

As Red Right Hand mentioned; it was removed due to fixture pile ups, which got really bad especially in long term games.

I'd rather have a realistic fixture schedule than postponed games. IMO it's a "nice to have", not "need to have" feature :)

I understand the romanticism around it, but IIRC SI were unable to work around how the fixture pile ups occured when matches were postponed so and decided that the only logical step was to remove the feature.

As Red Right Hand mentioned; it was removed due to fixture pile ups, which got really bad especially in long term games.

I'd rather have a realistic fixture schedule than postponed games. IMO it's a "nice to have", not "need to have" feature :)

I understand the romanticism around it, but IIRC SI were unable to work around how the fixture pile ups occured when matches were postponed so and decided that the only logical step was to remove the feature.

But surely if they managed to sort out fixture congestion in older games they could do it in the newer ones? Or am I missing something? (Genuine question, not a sarcastic remark).

Fixture congestion gets sorted in real life, couldn't they just copy what happens there?

As the others above me have said, it was removed due to fixture pile up.

It would be a nice feature to have back, but I think it is low priority compared to the other issues that get screamed about on the forums (confidence problems any one?).

For the record, I have had no problems at all with FM08.

Weather postponements really miss from the game...

I remember the last time I saw postponements happen were in cm01/02 and it was really nice..No fixture pile up no nothing..

Before 2 years I had made a similar post but I don't remember any official response from the developers..

Hope this good old feature will be included in the new FM...

Give us more realism SI!!!!!!!!

But surely if they managed to sort out fixture congestion in older games they could do it in the newer ones? Or am I missing something? (Genuine question, not a sarcastic remark).

Fixture congestion gets sorted in real life, couldn't they just copy what happens there?

When the feature was removed it came up on the forums and was explained by SI in detail. Unfortunately I have the memory of a goldfish and can't remember exactly how they explained why it wouldn't be easy to bring back. I would advise you to search but it could be difficult to find :)

Although it's the aim of the game, sometimes it's hard to replicate real life armed with nothing but an algorithm and a string of code :)

When the feature was removed it came up on the forums and was explained by SI in detail. Unfortunately I have the memory of a goldfish and can't remember exactly how they explained why it wouldn't be easy to bring back. I would advise you to search but it could be difficult to find :)

Although it's the aim of the game, sometimes it's hard to replicate real life armed with nothing but an algorithm and a string of code :)

With forum move(s) and such, it will probably be impossible to find as it won't have been moved.

Yeah I tried a search before I started this thread and didn't find anything.

Archived