Playmakers

never tryied this

i have a question you thick in the use playmaker button then you don't select a player as playmaker and when a ame comes the assman selects the best suited player from your starting 11

and they end up to be the best choice?

No, you aren't guaranteed to see the "best choice" when you leave it empty. Its just like the "Penalty Taker" - in a recent match, I hadn't set my Penalty Takers, and to my horror a crucial 81st-minute penalty-to-equalize was given not to either of my on-form strikers or to my lethal-from-the-spot midfielder, but to my left winger. He hit it straight to the keeper, who saved .. my winger pounced on the rebound, and hit that straight to the keeper.

I was gutted.

So I wouldn't trust the game to pick the best Playmaker for me, either. ;)

Don't focus simply on the Creativity attribute - note that for a Playmaker you also want high Decisions, Teamwork, and Anticipation, as well as a high Passing attribute.

Ooh god no, I never trust my Assistant Manager to do anything, not even contract renewals, they never seem to be able to do things logically IMO, is also one of the reasons I don't holiday if I can avoid it and also try not to get touchline bans, cuz they always seem to stuff it up for me

Ooh god no, I never trust my Assistant Manager to do anything, not even contract renewals, they never seem to be able to do things logically IMO, is also one of the reasons I don't holiday if I can avoid it and also try not to get touchline bans, cuz they always seem to stuff it up for me

I remember having a touchline ban once when I was frustrated after a bad run of form. The assistant manager then took charge and we won our first game in ages. I think I was managing Gretna at the time. They do work the odd time. :D

I remember having a touchline ban once when I was frustrated after a bad run of form. The assistant manager then took charge and we won our first game in ages. I think I was managing Gretna at the time. They do work the odd time. :D

Fair shout, looks like you got a bit of fortune on your side there :p

I always seem to get touchline bans at the most inopportune moments, like right before a cup match or a crucial league match, I blame my bad temper tbh, I tend to complain sometimes even if I win, I get that mad at the dumb referee and then my Ass Man ignores the fact that the current line up and tactics have won us X amount of games on the trot and decides to change everything and we lose, complete nightmare

Fair shout, looks like you got a bit of fortune on your side there :p

I always seem to get touchline bans at the most inopportune moments, like right before a cup match or a crucial league match, I blame my bad temper tbh, I tend to complain sometimes even if I win, I get that mad at the dumb referee and then my Ass Man ignores the fact that the current line up and tactics have won us X amount of games on the trot and decides to change everything and we lose, complete nightmare

I certainly got fortune there but we still got relegated. I should let him take charge of all the games. :rolleyes:

I was just thinking couldn't you go on holiday and tick use current team selection/tactics when you get a touchline ban. Or would that be considered cheating? ;)

I was just thinking couldn't you go on holiday and tick use current team selection/tactics when you get a touchline ban. Or would that be considered cheating? ;)

I guess you could do, never considered it myself as I don't like the idea of using any sort of loophole or cheat in FM (any other game I cheat like hell tho lol, just got a clear conscience when it comes to FM) but realistically, like was brought up in another thread earlier, a manager would, more often than not, still be at a game when he has a touchline ban, albeit in the stands, and he would want to see his team playing the way he wants them to

I guess you could do, never considered it myself as I don't like the idea of using any sort of loophole or cheat in FM (any other game I cheat like hell tho lol, just got a clear conscience when it comes to FM) but realistically, like was brought up in another thread earlier, a manager would, more often than not, still be at a game when he has a touchline ban, albeit in the stands, and he would want to see his team playing the way he wants them to

You're very honest when it comes to FM. :D But what your saying is certainly true.

Don't focus simply on the Creativity attribute - note that for a Playmaker you also want high Decisions, Teamwork, and Anticipation, as well as a high Passing attribute.

Exactly - but also there are hidden attributes that should also be taken into consideration

Also maybe it's not the Ass Man that chooses but the AI like it does with other teams

BTW - just won the BSS

Exactly - but also there are hidden attributes that should also be taken into consideration

Also maybe it's not the Ass Man that chooses but the AI like it does with other teams

BTW - just won the BSS

The Ass Man is part of the AI.

Penalty takers- I was Australia once, and Craig Moore took a penalty. He scored it. His PK was 16 and his composure 15, so I suppose he was the ideal choice.

i always used a playmaker until last week when i guessed that giving a player (pirlo in particular) a free role is more effective than making him a playmaker. he's gone past the club record for assists already with 10 games+ left. ticking the box and giving a free role seems to have a negative effect.

Archived