Home and Away

Do any of you guys think that luck (as well as team performance, but luck in particular) in the games almost always favors the home team?

I find it really annoying when I crush a team like derby 6-0 at home and then when playing away it seems as nothing wants to go your way, and you end up losing 2-0 with some two scrappy and fortunate goals......

It's just a hunch which has been in my mind since football manager 2005, because I always notice this in every game.....

Do any of you guys think that luck (as well as team performance, but luck in particular) in the games almost always favors the home team?

I find it really annoying when I crush a team like derby 6-0 at home and then when playing away it seems as nothing wants to go your way, and you end up losing 2-0 with some two scrappy and fortunate goals......

It's just a hunch which has been in my mind since football manager 2005, because I always notice this in every game.....

As much as luck plays a part in every game played, it is well acknowledged that at home most teams play better than what they do away. No surprise that most think of their home ground as a 'fortress'.

My opinion is that away from home you should play a more conservative game and allow the other team to come to you so you can hit them on the counter.

Yes, performance wise.........I just always thought that home teams always had much more luck in fm.....butttt it might be me being a bit paranoid and hot headed..lol

Yeah, I know what you mean!

Sometimes I get paranoid too, because I think I've done everything right and my expectations from the match are crushed by an excellent performance of one of their fringe players (not necessarily the goalkeeper). He must have been excited with the opportunity of being picked to play for that match and wanted to prove himself to his manager - I know I would if I was wearing his shoes!

I've discovered that the sooner that I accept the fact that there are so many possible variables that could affect a match the sooner I get over it and concentrate on the next match. It's been an advantage that has served me well, because in the past I used to allow my anger to influence my next moves and ended up making stupid mistakes and doing worse afterwards.

Just persevere, after all it's the war you want to win, not just a battle! :D

Archived