Manager criticising player to media

Hi guys,

Whilst watching Soccer Saturday and playing FM, I had a thought.

I guess it falls into the 'improvements to media interaction' threads, but I'd like to see a feature where I can criticise/praise a player to the media on something other than their recent form. For example, I have a decent midfielder who now wants to move to a bigger club and is making a fuss -- requesting a transfer, complaining publicly etc. I would like to be able to reply publicly stating that I believe he is being unprofessional and should not have gone public with his concerns and thoughts, but this feature is not available to me. IRL, I can think of several examples this summer where a manager has gone or could have gone public - Berbatov, Barry, Ronaldo, Adebayour plus quite a few others. I think this is quite an important element to the game that is currently lacking and could have a reasonable impact on your in-game stats and your relationship with your other players, fans and your chairman.

Anyone think this would be a useful addition to the game?

PS - I'm still really enjoying FM08 and I'm looking forward to FM09 - keep up the good work FM dev team!

It would be great. The game really needs to develop this side more, or just forget it. I'd like it if your handling of a player in the media could gradually change that player's personality as well, like tutoring does.

Getting Diouf to be more professional, or someone to have more sportsmanship. These can be learned.

I'm for this kind of improvement in the media interaction category of the game as currently, it's very dull and repetitive. I hope future FM versions can incorporate personalities much better.

whs. At the minute i find myslef putting no comment to the vast majority of my media comments, mainly because they have limited, if any, effect on the game.

Archived